RPG Maker on your iPhone or iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by Mr Hack, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Hack

Mr Hack Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have been searching for this answer for a long, long time. But the plain answer to is there a perfect game maker on the iPod Touch- no. The only way to get something similar is via psx4iphone and snes4iphone. The English RPG Maker for the psx is probably the best option, as it runs at nearly full speed and is a rather small download. Unfourtuantly, a very important part of this rom does not work, and that's the custom dungeon maker. Although you can still use sample maps, this takes most of the creativity away from the game.

Optionally, RPG Maker 1 and 2 for snes are availiable in English translations and both play on snes4iphone. Although the first crashes when you load a game to PLAY, the second works great. Once again, the only downside is the graphics sometimes do not show, such as magic animations and when you choose a characters sprite in the menus, making it difficult to know what graphic your character is.

For all I know, it's just the roms I'm using. If anybody has better luck, please let me know.
  2. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So this makes RPGs in whatever emulator format you tell it to?
    Can you run the created RPGs if they are made on a computer and transfered to the iProduct?
    Or do the created files not work?
    Or is the whole thing built into 1 program?
  3. Mr Hack

Mr Hack Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The three RPG Makers I made note of above are from two different platforms, the original Playstation and the Super Nintendo. The first one I mentioned is a english Playstation game that runs on psx4iphone. The other two are both available on the net as translations. These two both run on snes4iphone. None of these are compatable with each other, you just have to choose which one is more your style.

As of sharing your created games, you can find your save files in either the prgram files of the emulators or in their ROM files. If you could move these save files onto your computer, you could distribute them to people who you want to play your games. They could move the save files onto their iDevice and play them with their emulators. Either way, this certainly isn't a perfect maker. It was not designed for a platform like this. And yes, these RPG Makers play and edit all games made from the same RPG Maker.

It would be possible as well to run these games on other emulators on your PC or Mac and then transfer them to your iDevice to play. Remember RPG Maker 1 for the snes does not work very well on snes4iphone. I advise not to use this one.

And, of course, your iPod Touch or iPhone needs to be jailbroken to acheive any of this.
  4. that_guy

that_guy New Member

what games could you then play? im not really catching onto this but it sounds interesting...?
  5. Mr Hack

Mr Hack Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry, I guess I don't make much sense.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll try and be a bit more clear. RPG Makers create games such as Final Fantasy or Zelda. They give you the tools To create your own masterpeice. These console versions are limited but you can still create master pieces. These RPG Makers are not an app for the iPod Touch or iPhone. They are old games that were released on the playstation and the super nintendo. Just like you would be able to play them on a emulator on a computer, you can download psx4iphone or snes4iphone on Cydia to your iDevice. Then you can download the roms to your iDevice and play them using those emulators. These are the roms I amtalking about:
    • RPG Maker Playstation 1 (Rom runs on psx4iphone)
    • RPG Maker. Super Nintendo (Rom runs on snes4iphone, well until you start a game)
    • RPG Maker 2. Super Nintendo (Rom runs on snes4iphone)
    Just to get this clear, none of these games are related or interchangable. And finally, here is a small tutorial on how to run the first RPG Maker:
    1. First, your going to need to get your iPhone or iPod Touch jailbroken.
    2. Once you have Cydia installed, install psx4iphone. You will most likely need a 3G or 3GS to use psx4iphone on a reasonable speed.
    3. Now we are going to need the bios. You can find it relatively easy on Google. It's name is schp1001.bin, all in lowercase (very important). This file goes in the ROM file of psx4iphone.
    4. Download the RPG Maker rom. It is not very hard to find. This rom goes in the ROM file as well.
    5. Start up psx4iphone and enjoy!
    The other two can be run the same, but use snes4iphone instead. Snes4iphone does not require a bios. Does that help?
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The roms are huge tho :/
  7. Mr Hack

Mr Hack Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually, they are not huge at all. The playstation one is something like 15 MB. And the others certainly are not any bigger than that.
  8. Attackid

Attackid New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sorry to bump up thread but something exactly what your talking about came out few days ago called Somni Game Maker I bought it and it makes the best retro style RPGs

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  10. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i tried it and didnt like it :/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.