Router Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mamapop, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mamapop

mamapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i got a new router from Verizon Fios the other day its an Actiontec MI424WR
    http://www.actiontec.com/support/product_details.php?pid=41&typ=all.

Basically my Ipod Touch 1st Gen V2.1 cant go to the internet through my router. I can connect to the router i have full signal strenght but when I try to go on safarii it cant connect. and says safarii cannot open the page because the server stopped responding. I dont always have this problem sometimes it acctually works. But if i lock my ipod for more than 3-5 minutes than the problem occurs. It seems like the router thinks its connected but it doesnt respond or something. My dads laptop works fine all the time. The only way i have figured out to get it to work is to go onto the router settings and have it ping my ipod it seems to work after that. Problem is my dad is the only one who knows the password for the router settings he wont tell me. Any Ideas, Iv called Verizon they said its fine and they said to call Apple I called Apple they dont know either so they told me to call Verizon. Then i called Actiontec and they want me to call Verizon. So idk what to do cept go here. Stupid people dont know their own freaking product works
  2. chubosaurusxedge

chubosaurusxedge New Member

There are a bunch of threads dealing with this problem. I don't exactly know how to fix it, but these threads explain it wonderfully
  3. mamapop

mamapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you wanna tell me the threads that would be nice?
  4. endlessbender

endlessbender New Member

Hey, I have this same problem. Just from doing searches here in this forum, it looks like you need the special WEP key (26 numbers) rather than the password (which in my case is a short name).

So...I'll be trying this soon, I'll let you know how to do it. I think if you log onto your router from a laptop (http://192.168.1.1) you can see what the WEP key is. Good luck.
  5. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Search. It works wonders.
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow four posts and no one really helped this guy. Give him a break.

mamapop, you could try starting here to solve your problem. Note that when I had a problem with my wifi connection I rebooted my router and removed the WEP security leaving it open. When I had a good connection I put the WEP security back on.

Nickpod, if you're not going to be any help, don't post. This is a forum for helping people and sharing ideas not for acting like a jerk. If you want to remind a member that he should try searching then do so but only if you're also going to post something helpful. I'm sick and tired of wasting my life reading threadwaste 'search up' posts. Grow up.
  7. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I don't see the point in answering a help question multiple times, especially when it's asked at least two times per day. Searching will find the answer to this particular question.

Seriously. It's even in bgizzle's signature:
    It's really not that hard to do.
    Endlessblender did it (Post #4) and it looks like he found an answer; what a miracle!

I'm sorry you've wasted so much of your time on the forum. Don't visit and I'm sure it will resolve the issue. And I'm also sorry that you feel I'm acting like a jerk.
    Take it how you wish.

Hopefully I have not offended your or angered you even more; it certainly was not my intention.
  8. mamapop

mamapop New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thank you but you guys dont seem to see what my problem is. its not I that cant connect or i get an error cant find the server. i am always connected to the network. when i do have wireless and i can access the internet (only happens if i refresh the server or i just get damn lucky) if i lock my ipod for 2-5 minutes when i unlock it i am still connected to the server but when i try to go onto safari it tells me "safari cannot open the page because the server stopped responding.: the only way to fix it is if i go and refresh the connection to my ipod in the router settings. idk the password to acces the router settings my dad wont tell me. iv tried taking of WEP security but it still didnt work.
  9. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i got a similar problem. our router likes to die. well i dont know exactly what it does but i need to reset it when i cant connect. i either unplug or hold the reset button. or, i go to the router settings page and restore factory settings. this works cuz we dont have it pasword protected or anything cuz we got no close neighbors.
  10. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No probs mate, just please think before you post. It is the the intention of these forums to try and garner new members and help them rather than screaming 'noob' at them the first few times they post so they go elsewhere. Try and be a bit more helpful next time is all I ask. Post some help and then end your post with a reminder to search first.