Rotorumpus

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Nial, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Nial

Nial New Member

Having dug around in the forum rules, it appears I'm allowed (as a developer) to discuss my first AppStore release, Rotorumpus. Although it's been out for a few weeks now, I honestly hadn't thought of posting about it here (I'm a bit of a lurker). Anyway, it's currently on sale for just .99c as part of our holiday sale (which is due to end before the new year).

Here's a quick run down of what Rotorumpus is all about:

Please Register or Log in to view images

So for any of you interested in puzzlers, you can check out screenshots and view a trailer over at our website. Hopefully some of you get a kick out of it!
  2. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    OMG LOOkS EPIC
    and funny that you advertise it on a site called uglyapps.com hehehe
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah why is your company named Ugly Apps? That's great advertising

Looks good though - good graphics.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

AWESOME, I'm gonna get this one.
  5. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

yea, its a nice app but u should definetly change the ugly apps thing... im gonna check this out
  6. Nial

Nial New Member

The name UglyApps usually gets people talking. After that, we try to let our products speak for themselves!

7. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    It's a great game, i bought it at £1.19, and it was good value at that, but £0.59 is a steal.
    Since your'e the dev, and you're here, i might aswell ask.......can we have a level editor, Pleeeeease, i have no idea how hard it would be to implement, but a level editor would add endless replay value, and boost my iTunes review up to 5 stars.
    Anyway, well done on the absolutely beautifl game, i hope to see more from you in the future

8. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it reminds of that one pokemon place with team rocket from blue, red, and yellow...
  9. Nial

Nial New Member

eng, thanks for the kind words! Right now, we're sort of at a crossroads with future development. I can say with certainty that we're currently working on a new update that'll provide a ton of interesting new gameplay options as well as 5 new levels (a new stage).

There's been some internal talk of possibly creating a level editor and linking it with some online level swapping functionality. Right now we create all of the 'official' levels via a custom application on computer hardware (rather than the actual iPhone/iPod touch device).

While the game has been relatively well received with regards to customers and critics, sales have been pretty lackluster. That'll obviously be a contributing factor in deciding where we go after our first update! The best thing I can suggest is to subscribe to either our websites RSS or Twitter feed and keep an eye out on our updates!