ROMs not found even though they're in the correct folders.

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW, Aug 28, 2008.

1. NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW

NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW New Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem with both the NES ROMs and the GBA ROMs for my iPod Touch 1.1.4. I have both my .GBA and .NES folders with their the .GBA files in their right folders in the location: /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/ in WinSCP. For some reason whenever I run the emulators they both give me the same error "No GBA ROMs were found. Please upload ROMs to /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA (or NES for the NES Emulator). I've also got OpenSSH and Services downloaded with SSH turned on.

I was wondering if there was any way I could get these to work and play the ROMs on my iPod touch. I've literally been trying to figure this out all day going from site to site but for some reason I always get the error that there are no ROMs in the right folders. Please help!

Thanks in Advance,

NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW.
  2. Lowgain

Lowgain New Member

I had the same problem too until a minute ago.

if you're using WinSCP (which most ppl do) the default folder it brings you to is actually wrong. Look to the left hand side for prive, then navigate directly to vars then mobile, and within that Media folder there will be like 4 other folders, if there are you're in the right one, just create the ROMs folder there

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. darkslategrey

darkslategrey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you've actually named the folders ".GBA" and ".NES" that would be the issue.
  4. DigitalSoul

DigitalSoul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes its just GBA, NES
    private->var->mobile->Media->ROMs->"GBA or NES"
    Same place for both
  5. lajuane

lajuane New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was having the same issue. After I created the "NES" folder I had to unzip the roms and add that unzipped folder to the NES folder on my Ipod. Now everything is working perfectly.
  6. laxking716

laxking716 New Member

for gba you have to place a file called gba_bios.bin in private/var/stash/apllication/gpsphone you can google for the file i dont know how to make nes work