Rolando 1.1 Speculation.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Edin., Feb 11, 2009.

1. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

I really do not know if this was posted before, but I searched and I didn't get any results.

Anyway, I was SSH'ing on my iPod and I decided to browse the Rolando.app. I was looking through the .png images (which you cannot view for some reason, at least not on my computer), as well as the level.plist, and I found nothing worth mentioning because I couldn't view it other than weird letters. I scrolled down and I saw some file called worlds_list.xml. I opened it via Notepad and I saw hidden levels. 17 to be exact. They all had no music, or any thumbnail.png for it. Here's the list:

World 2 Lost Levels:

Spiders
    Free the Blues
    Trampoline Fun
    Down the Planks
    Single ball testbed
    Push out slides
    Curved Floor
    Companion Cube
    Tilt Testbed
    Pachinko

World 3 Lost Levels:

Crazy Tilt
    Draw Path Testbed
    Exploding Blocks
    Mountain Enemy
    Conveyor Belts

World 4 Lost Levels:

Morph Testbed
    Glue Rolando

Now, I don't know if anyone can find a way to unlock these levels (which I don't think it's possible yet and I don't advise you to seeing how I don't know if this is wrong, which I doubt) but maybe someone can.

By the way, this is not all. I was looking at the game strings and I found these words when viewing it via notepad. If you don't believe me, check it out yourself.

Could their be Leaderboards in the next update? This could work by seeing who has the most high score/best time completed in a level. That would definitely be awesome for the next 1.1 update. So far, I'm still searching for any new things that are still yet to be discovered. Any thoughts to this?
  2. roboticos

roboticos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Interesting.........
    We'll see when the update comes out.
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe that the levels have already been posted, but this will be cool

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

the reason you cannot view the .png's s that most .png's are encrypted on the iPod, you can use FixPNG on Windows to convert to viewable images though.

those 'weird letters' in the .plist you were talking about is the same case, i believe online converters can do the job with them, but i'm unsure.

as for the levels, i seriously doubt they will update with added levels this long after the release. BUT Rolando 2... either these were levels that were going to be included or will be in the rumoured Rolando 2
  5. Sambo110

Sambo110 New Member

Good finds! I should play this more, I am only up to the first level in the second world I think.
  6. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i fail at this game, its kinda fun for a while then its like.... boring!
  7. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Note that this levels could just be just some development trash, levels that been canceled.
  8. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They can always work on it, and put them on the 1.1 update. You never know. Knowing me, I wouldn't start making levels all over again, when I had plenty before. I wouldn't trash them.
  9. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

i see your point but i honestly don't think they would have named them and included them in the package if it was just trash

• either they originally had them in the game, and for whatever reason decided to take them out
    • they were creating them as next levels and decided to save them for rolando 2
    • they didn't follow the story well and were removed
    • OR they're just there to hint people off and make them guess...

but that's just my oppinion
  10. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think these levels are unlockable somehow... I believe it has to do with the main screen if Rolando... The one with the panels... Maybe a certain combination makes them unlocked??