Rock Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by maxxdout, Jan 9, 2010.

1. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

So here's the problem...

Whenever I try to download/install something off of Rockapp, my iPod Touch freezes, and I have to force a restart. This has never happened before, and it's getting really annoying. I deleted a few things I don't use(apps, themes) and used SBSettings to free space before downloading/installing something and it just doesn't work.

Is there any way I can fix this problem? I would use Cydia but it is slow as heck.

Thank you!
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Rock causes a lot of problem the only temporary thing you can do is restore and then wait until it messes up again and restore.

My recommendation is use Cydia and take off the MacCiti repo.
  3. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Hey Chicken, thanks for the tip.

As I was waiting for replies, I decided I would uninstall Rock and then reinstall it, and it seems to have worked.

If this happens again, I will just start using Cydia again and remove the MacCity Repo like you said.
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't even wait for it to happen again. RockApp is fast and it looks nice, but the way it handles is "Rock Extensions" is total crap. It will never fail to cause problems- I would recommend deleting it and the repo ASAP. Cydia is slow but MobileSubstrate is superior to Rock Extensions, and it rarely crashes without good reason.
  5. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

I know what you mean, sage. I started off using Cydia and I never had a crash. I recently found out about Rock and started using it and the only thing I like more is the speed at which it starts up and finds things. It's only a matter of time before I go back

Please Register or Log in to view images