Riticulation of Photos?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kevio, Sep 26, 2007.

1. kevio

kevio New Member

Anyone else notice that when you sync photos onto the iPoT they have a pattern or texture to them and only allow zooming to a certain level? Even if the photo is high resolution. The same photo viewed on the web looks great. Any workarounds?
    Thanks,
    Kev
  2. GSOCHRIS

GSOCHRIS New Member

I've noticed the same. Zooming in on high res pictures isn't that great.
  3. hamchoba

hamchoba New Member

Yeah, syncing photos with the Touch forces your images to some lower predetermined resolution and adds artifact with the re-compression process. So it's not that the touch limits zooming to a certain level, but actually your hi-res pictures became low-res pictures, and right now there is no way around that.
  4. GSOCHRIS

GSOCHRIS New Member

It’s definitely not a terrible thing, just a surprise. I think the photos look great regardless!
  5. kevio

kevio New Member

Yeah I just think you should be able to choose if you want the photos auto-sized or not. That's one thing that pisses people off about iPhoto. When it auto-sizes stuff. But at least with that you can choose to turn the "feature" off. I put my portfolio on my iPoT and would like to be able to zoom in to show certain details without having to connect to my online folio.
  6. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i dont have a direct workaround but if you use a different program to get your photos to the touch, it wont go through apples optimizing and you should get full resolution
  7. weirddemon

weirddemon New Member

I've noticed it too. But hopefully someone will figure out something for that. but if not, then it's no bg deal. The photos still look great.
  8. robertandenith

robertandenith New Member

i agree, i mean i don't want all my photos to take up all the space needed for videos or music. i love having the photos of my girls and show them off!!! I love the pic feature!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. YOHAN

YOHAN New Member

So do any of you guys know what the workaround is for photos not to be resized?
  10. Oliver G

Oliver G New Member

I have also noticed this