Ripped off Again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Infernal, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Infernal

Infernal New Member

Quote:
    9to5Mac believes that the iPhone and iPod touch will be seeing $100 price drops in the next two months, simultaneously discontinuing the low capacity models.

Their belief is that the 8GB Touch and 8GB iPhone will be discontinued, leaving a 16GB iPhone at $399, 16GB Touch at $299, and 32GB Touch at $399.
    End Quote.

So now if they drop prices... wtf?

Never have I seen iPod prices drop.
    Just the other day I went into my local K-Mart, 1stG iPod Nano was $199, 2ndG iPod Nano was $199. They both cost the same... so no price drop. Why with the touch?

I feel f***ing ripped off
  2. blaser

blaser New Member

You've not been ripped off, when you brough the item you must have thought it was worth the price.
    Additionally it is normal for prices to drop, I just brought my laptop 2 months ago. It is now $200 cheaper.
    I brought my touch 3 months ago.
    The fact is early adopters always pay a slight premium, 'everyone' should know this. I would personally not have brought my touch but I was on holiday in NY where is was a $100 cheaper than here in the UK. So I took the plunge
  3. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nah, that's not a rip off. price cuts are good. but that's the price you pay if you buy stuff early. other ipods probably don't get price cuts much as they probably sell well at the current price. apple are looking to boost ipod touch sales. so yeah, no reason to feel ripped off.
    ..now the $20 app pack fiasco on the other hand...
  4. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow. Really?

Prices change all the time. Maybe you're just not cut out for the 21st century? I hear prices were very stable, and nothing changed much, back before the industrial revolution.

Try to be happy. It's a much better way to interface with reality.
  5. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

The statement made for why the new models had more memory was "Due to the falling prices and higher capacities of flash memory" or somesuch. So when the new models were released they should have gone right to the old model price points, because essentially a 32gb chip sells for what a 16gb chip used to sell for. Apple does what it does intentionally to snare all the rabid fans who will buy new apple gear no matter what the price it. After they've made as much pure profit off of those folksas is possible, they move the price down to a "reasonable" price where thousands of other will snap one up thinking they are getting a $100 better value. Apple has proven it could care less how previous owners feel when they make these moves. They are in business to make lots of money, and although I don't agree their tactics are perfect, they do continue to show a profit.
  6. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is this a verified rumor? Or just that, a rumor?

If so, I would happily return mine and wait two months.
  7. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Here we go again..
  8. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

If you can, I'd return yours and wait just for the possibility of it being true.
  9. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah. I was thinking I would return it anyway for a 32gb. I don't know, though. It would be nice if I could have another 16gb for free.
  10. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nah not gonna happen, its not like no1's buying the 16 and 32gb versions