Ringtones on iPhone? (SSH)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frogshark40, Apr 4, 2008.

1. frogshark40

frogshark40 New Member

Yay! I got my iPhone, already unlocked it and stuff, but now I want to put my mp3's on it to use for a ringtone. I have iTunes 7.6.(4?) and I'm still able to make the aac thing to make it a iTune's ringtone and stuff (m4[a/r])

I first ssh'd into my phone but I didn't see the ringtones folder, so I used a program that would put like 3 songs in it as ringtones and it put the folder on my iPhone. So when I saw that they were there, I looked under settings and the custom ringtones were there, I clicked one and set it. I then put a m4r file there under the ringtones folder, and then my custom ringtones disapeered.

Is there anyway to ssh into your iPhone and drag m4r/a into the ringtones folder and then set a permission so that you can access them under your settings?

Also, while using T-Mobile sim card in the iPhone, if I use my home's wifi signal, does it add any extra charges to the monthly bill? Is there anything besides calling and texting that will add to the bill?

Thanks in advance, yall are all great

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. frogshark40

frogshark40 New Member

3. meloyo

meloyo Member

this thread was made a min ago
    just install the app called ringtones
    if not use ssh im to lzazy to give u insturtcions
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Yes there should be a way add the ringtones via SSH.

I haven't done it, but I have seen the folder in my iPhone and looked through the ringtones...You can add them there and they will show up in your settings.
  5. njt1

njt1 New Member

Hi. Goon over to modmyifone theres alot of hints/instructions about all that you have asked for. Kr. nic.