Ridiculously short battery life.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brianwithnoy, Apr 16, 2010.

1. brianwithnoy

brianwithnoy New Member

I own a third generation iPod touch, late 2009 model. I've had the iPod for about 4 months. What I've noticed is that the battery life is really short. My brightness is always on 15-25%, SSH off, equalizer off, and wifi off whenever I don't use it. I always charge my iPod overnight everyday. But when I am playing a song, the battery would be on 90 or 95% within 30 min. Volume is halfway with brightness at 15-25%. On wifi, I can probably get about 20 min until the battery drops 5-10%. The battery %s were determined with Battery Docotor Pro. My device is jailbroken, running 3.1.2. Also, I have SBSetting on, Winterboard on, and MxTube, Infinidock, Infiniboard, Intelliscreen, and ProSwitcher as my only Cydia apps. I always clear background programs and clear memory using SBSettings. I have heard of "deamons" that are incorporated into some Cydia apps, such as MxTube. And as with apps, it literally murders the battery. And I'm talking about really fast. I'm don't play much apps, but more songs. I mostly use wifi when my iPod is charging. I don't know why my battery life is so short, I have seemed to keep everything so that it doesn't use so much battey but I might be missing something. Any help or advice would be greately appreciated.
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    SBSettings, Windertboard, Infinidock, Infiniboard, Intelliscreen, ProSwitcher.

They're all mobile substrate plugins, which means they're always running, which means they will drain battery, and a lot with that amount of plugins. Plus if you're using Pro Switcher the apps are also running and taking up battery life.
  3. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine is fine I have mine on for 3 days from about 8 in the morning till 9 or 10 at night! Maybe its because you are charging it ALL night I only put it on a once a day on a usb socket charger! Do u have Bluetooth on or not?
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Disable addons that you don't use in SBSettings.

I have TONS of extensions, wayyyyy more than OP, my battery goes down about 1% about 10-15 minutes....
  5. brianwithnoy

brianwithnoy New Member

what do you mean by disable addons?
  6. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Slide for SBSettings, click on more, and click on Mobile Substrate addons, and disable them from there.