ridiculous...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ratm1911, May 27, 2009.

1. ratm1911

ratm1911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [using the latest version of iTunes, and leopard 10.5.7]
    I jailbroke my iPod a couple months ago. Everything about it was awesome except for the 3gb of "other", people kept saying they were downloaded songs/videos/themes/roms (even though I removed those). So I decided to re-jailbreak it.
    First, I restored it to the original apple 2.2.1 firmware. Then, I got the tytool package download from his youtube video description's link. But, I kept having problems in terminal [saying files / directories did not exist].
    After that I tried, Quickpwn and Pwnagetool. Pwnagetool works until I get to the part where it says put it in DFU mode. I know how to put it in DFU it's not hard at all. After I put it in DFU mode, then it tells me to turn the device off. Since that's impossible - it eventually tells me I failed. I read somewhere on a different forum that it's okay if it says that - simply quit pwnagetool and restore the ipod with the custom firmware in iTunes, I kept getting error 1600 (or 21). I googled that for about an hour and a half and found numerous solutions that didn't work.
    One of those solutions was to use Quickpwn instead of Pwnagetool. I'm sure that'll work except I've never been able to use quickpwn. It doesn't let me select any of the the devices.

If anyone has any answers please share them to me, I'd love to get this problem solved.
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You are using a 2G right? PwnageTool and QuickPwn don't work with the 2G
  3. ratm1911

ratm1911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's right, I'm 99% sure I used Pwnagetool to jailbreak it the first time I did it. I could be wrong - what would you suggest I use instead of those?
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    redsn0w 0.3.
  5. ratm1911

ratm1911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, I appreciate the response but I'd rather not have to use command line to run it. I'll keep looking for answers.
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The only reason it runs in command prompt is because The iPhone Dev team have not given it a GUI yet. Yes, it runs in Command Prompt, but you type nothing, it does everything for you
  7. ratm1911

ratm1911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Righteous, I'll try that right now and let you know how that works.
  8. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!!

(Pee Wee's playhouse, as made fun of by family guy, peter chooses the secret word to be Ridiculous, and when louis says it, happy)

figured i would put that out there. considering the thread title
  9. ratm1911

ratm1911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Success, thank you so much. It was definitely worth the 3-4 hours of research and almost 10 restores to get that "3gb of other" back.
    Again, thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Haha, great use of a t.v. show reference.
  10. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Flaming and/or trolling
    now thats no way to thank someone!
    they told you what to do, you did it, and that 3gb of other is an inherent risk in that process, if u dont like it, then shut up and restore!