Reward for giving me some help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by najkks, Apr 14, 2009.

1. najkks

najkks New Member

Im offering a 15$ reward if you can solve this problem..

after a number of unsuccesfull jailbreakings im now trying quickfreedom,
    everythings going great, until its time for itunes to use the "custom firmware" that ive created..

i use "shift" and restore to give specific orders in what file to restore from,
    but after a while.. when im waiting for the "ipod preparing restore.." ill get an "unknown error, ipod can not be restored - code 1604"

Every time i try to "restore" using the automatic button, or the "shift"+restore - i will get this error 1604.....

Can someone please tell me how to solve this problem??

Ive looked almost everywhere on the webb, without any sucess..

//najkks
  2. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1. Install iTunes on another hard drive.
    2. Replug your iPod.
    3. Make sure you got into DFU Mode correctly, if not, try again.
  3. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Damn you... I was too late >_>
  4. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Lol I need money right now badly xD
  5. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Your not applying the Redsn0w patch in DFU before attempting the JB'in restore.

Instead of QuickFreedom, restore your iPod to the original 2.2.1 Firmware, make sure iTunes is at its latest version, and download the Windows Redsn0w v0.3 located here: www.redsn0w.com. It seems that you do not have anything on your iPod, so this method is the best for you at this time being. Nothing else has to be done, just make sure your iPod is in DFU mode, then run the exe file.

They are *******s, so make sure you have a ******* program such as u*******.

If you are running Mac OS X, do the same, except download the Mac OS X version. Double click the exec file.

To put your iPod into DFU:
    Turn your iPod completely off by holding the lock button while the iPod is on, and slide to turn off.

Hold HOME + POWER(Lock Button) for 10 seconds.
    Remove your finger off POWER, BUT keep holding HOME for an additional 10 seconds.
    Your iPod screen will be black. To ensure it is in DFU, open iTunes. It should find an iPod in recovery mode.
    Close iTunes.

No $$ please, we offer free help.

@eladc The OP could be facing Redsn0w issues, not just DFU.

NOTE: If whatever program you used applied the Redsn0w patch correctly, your screen should blink twice. Your screen will then stay a solid white.
  6. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ah yes, never thought of that. Most 16** errors are because the iPod isn't patched, when you patch it leave it for a while to do its work. And make sure the firmware is complete too.
  7. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hmm if I am not sure, it should happen also with the original firmware, it happened to someone else from youtube and he did what I told him to and he fixed it.
  8. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Editted my post above.
  9. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes it might be because of the redsn0w, but it could also be because of something he didn't do right, which is more likely.
  10. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    And to solve the problem, use the Redsn0w 0.3 beta from iPhone Dev Team, as the OP has no salvageable files anyways. He has to do a clean restore.