Reviving Customize.. Is it not possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Reaper2794, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Hey guys. There is an app for the older firmwares called Customize. As some of you know, this app allowed you to customize your iDevice in various ways.

However, this app doesn't work on the newer firmwares.

What I'm wondering is why isn't anyone trying to make it for a newer firmware and why isn't it being ported to 2.x and 3.x??

Thanks for your time

~ Reaper ~
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Porting Customize to a new environment would be a worthless endeavor. Winterboard already replaces images in a much safer method (by not actually replacing images). Many changes made using Customize have led to a SWoD for any one of a number of reasons.
  3. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Because there is Winterboard now and it is a lot better than Customize was. Winterboard allows safe, easy themes, and you can do things with it that customize could never do.

Edit: damn, Skylar beat me to it! With a better answer too! of course.....

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Alright thank you for the replies but didn't customize allow you to like make your own sliders and stuff? I thought it had a lot more features to it than Winterboard did that's why I asked.
  5. mateo

mateo Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    technically winterboard has all those sliders and MORE. It has more options than customize AVAILABLE, you just have to install the themes, sliders, ect. I understand what you mean though, I loved customize, and I think it would be worth reviving. Even if it is more dangerous, we could make it safe! also I remember the last customize had an option to download themes, wallpapers, sliders, ect right in the app! I say we revive it! VIVA LA CUSTOMIZE!!

of course I don't know the first thing about making an app, so all I can really do is hope someone's up to the job, and show my support...