Reviving Amiga

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by andydam, Aug 10, 2008.

1. andydam

andydam Banned

Does anyone here still use AmigaOS4.0 or AROS? And I heard the the last and final update for AmigaOS, 4.1 is coming out September 2008. I still use AmigaOS, and is is way more stable then Linux,OSX,Windows combined.
  2. Tony1uk

Tony1uk New Member

I was very late on giving up on my amiga (a 1200 in a tower conversion with cybergraphics and a 040 accelerator). I used to use it for 3d animation and had cinema4d on it. I also ran a mac emulator and could run that while cinema4d rendered in the background. It was rock solid. I still have an amiga emulator on my of (amiga forever) but there is such a lack of software for it. I will say though that it does not 'feel' antiquated as an os.
  3. andydam

andydam Banned

Wasn't it amazing that it could run a 3d animation program while running an Emulator? Try running CS4 and VMware at the same time!
  4. chrisfennec

chrisfennec Guest

well i have an AROS partition on my dell and 3.1 on my A3000....does that count enough?
    oh and my i touch has the 1.3 um "skin"

Amiga Anywhere 2 has yet to have an official release date, but if you are registered as an Amiga developer you can get a buggy version of it now...(the most recent video of it is from early 2k8 so theres still hope)

is there a 4.o or MOS theme for the ipod by chance?