[REVIEW]Zombieville USA[REVIEW] - iP2G

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by stillercity, Feb 22, 2009.

1. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Nothing brings a tear to my eye more than busting heads off of the undead. Now I don't even need to get on my computer to do that, thanks to Zombieville USA! This game is for real, and I'm going to show you why it is a must have for all iPhone/iPod Touch gamers.

Gameplay:
    I hate to start off on a bad note, but this game is so great, you have to be picky. There are only a couple bad things about this game. One of them is for performance. Multiple users have experienced crashes during gameplay, although I have never crashed yet. But I have noticed some occasional lag, which can get sort of obnoxious during intense periods. The other bad thing will be explained a bit later.
    I'm just going to walk you through the gameplay, I think that would do it better justice than just talking about it. So you start a new game and your character shows up in a dark street on the sidewalk with nothing but a pistol, clothes, and a trucker cap. You instantly notice the two arrows on the right and left side. These are what control your character. To shoot, you press in between these two arrows. That is one of the things that sets this game apart from the others: the controls are so intuitive, it's like you were made to play this game.
    Anyway, the objective is to get to the end of the level by going to the very right (while killing a few zombies). While you're on your way there, you notice a few houses with a light on. So you go into them. These houses are of utmost importance in finishing the level. They are the only things that provide you with ammunition (they also provide money, too). When you go in the house, you are automatically given this ammunition. Houses are also good hiding spaces from the zombies, and, if used correctly, could decide how you finish the level.
    When you finally reach the end of the level, you are taken to a "Buy Screen", where there are 5 tiers of 3 weapons each. At first, there are only two tiers, but as you buy a weapon from the greatest tier available, you unlock a new tier. That is pretty much the explanation of the game, but once you play it, you'll understand why it is such an amazing game.

Now that I have explained to you the gameplay, I can tell you the last bad thing about this game: it's difficult. It really is. I often run out of ammo, and then I'm screwed because the house I'm in didn't give me ammo. The developer(Mika Mobile) needs to update this game with the ability to buy ammunition at the buy screens. Here is an example of what I just explained:

Gameplay Rating: 4/5

Graphics / Sounds:
    The graphics in this game are what really sets it apart from the rest of the games in the AppStore. Although a bit cartoonish, it is the perfect fit for the iPhone. It ranks up there with the likes of Hero of Sparta, Brothers in Arms, and Super Monkey Ball, and possibly even surpasses them.
    The sounds in Zombieville USA are no different. The background music is spooky and creates the atmosphere this game needs. The multiple gunshot sounds coupled with the sound of killing a zombie really make this game jump out at you.

Graphics/Sounds Rating: 5/5

The Bottom Line:
    Zombieville USA is a steal for $2.99, with it's great graphics, amazing gameplay, and lasting appeal. If you're looking for a fun game for a cheap price, this is it. It is the must-have game so far in 2009.

Info:
    Developer: Mika Mobile
    Price: $2.99
    iTunes Link: Click Here

I'm making a lot of these reviews and more at my blog made for the iPhone (see my signature).
  2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I played it but got annoyed that I kept dying when overwhelmed by Zombies. The dev should reduce the number of Zombies by a-bit to ensure that players don't get instantly killed.
  3. xmandeathx

xmandeathx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They really need the ammo option already. Cause i can't play it until i get the update.., It's too hard with no ammo running through zombies!
  4. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    why put iP2G in the title?

Anyway, it looks like a good game
  5. stillercity

stillercity New Member

To say that it was reviewed by iP2G (me)
  6. DeAzncy

DeAzncy New Member

LOL this reminds me of that online arcade computer game i used to play!
  7. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    welll thanks for the reveiw... but you itunes link is well... um... a little lacking in the fact you cant click... i will be getting this game thanks to this review...