[REVIEW] ZinTin

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Appstore 2.0, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Again, i cba uploading pictures atm.

The natural reaction to do when you download this is to compare with the big'uns such as facebook or myspace. Don't. This is a picture community and it runs along side the scribble app very well.

It takes just a few seconds to set up and giving out your email is entirely optional, but i would prefer it if many more people did.

The application is well-made. It hasn't cut out on me yet *touch wood* and uploading an image to ZinTin is fast and efficent, although this could be dependant on internet connection of which i'm not sure.

So, what is this application you ask? Well it's technically for iPhone users but i see no reason why iPod touch users shouldn't use this. Basically it's alot like the installer app of which i forget the name where it tracks your location and it finds people based upon that. However it's up to users to post pictures themselves, and due to this it's alot of scribble based screenshots/saves with words in order to communicate.

If you find someone within your area it displays with an icon next to their name in green. I think the orange/yellow coloured icon people are simply ZinTin moderators/and or popular people i'm not sure. (someone could post me the answer)

This is my favourite use for the application, and i know you can do it in a ton of other things but i like the effect and would download based solely on this :

Please Register or Log in to view images

General information:

Catergory: Social networking.
    Released 30 june
    Seller: INDRAJIT KHARE (c) ZinTin
    Version: 1.0d
    Memory usage: 0.3MB

My rating for this app? 3.8/5. "Not up there with the bigger companies e.g. twitter, but has the potential to become something special".

THIS APPLICATION IS ENTIRELY FREE.
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great review. Although, price? iTunes link?

EDIT: iTunes Link.
    And it's free.
  3. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yay, another free app.

Nice review, I'll check it out!
  4. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    the upcoming update sounds good scribbling on peoples Walls, I don't really like this app though......
  5. Fodd1337

Fodd1337 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

It got banned, shoulda guessed if you give a photo sharing app to people they will find a way to screw it up.