Review: Z-Life Invisible Shield (with pics)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JusTox, Feb 6, 2010.

1. JusTox

JusTox New Member

Hello Everyone

This is the review for the Z-life invisible shield, that’s right Z-life. Previously had a ZAGG invisible shield on my previous iPod touch 2G, pretty good but 6 months later sides started to peel on back, takes 2 weeks to deliver and pretty expensive it cost £11? I think but now since the GBP has dropped against the USD it now costs at USD 24.99 which is equivalent to £15.98. So wanted a cheaper option and found the Z-life invisible shield on eBay for an amazing price of £4.99. Knew there won’t be any reviews so decided to write one.
    It claims to be same as the ZAGG invisible shield, made out of same material etc.

And finally:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Delivery: says it will take 6-14 days to deliver to UK. Mine took 10 days to deliver, so not too bad considering its from Malaysia.
    From the envelope the item looked quite small and thin comparable with the Macbook Air I guess.

And then

*Drum Rolls*

Out of envelope

Packaging: The packaging of the item, Ill have to is amazing…ly rubbish looks like its taken out of a junk yard. And you sort of have to build the box your self? lol

And inside:

doesn’t seem like much just screen shield and the spray…

The rest of the packaging:

The main pics of Screen Protector on my iPod Touch:

The rest:

The home button isn’t covered, while the ZAGG shield does cover it. The Z-Life spray smells of soap, so I used my spray from my ZAGG invisible shield and the squeegee card thing is to install. Installation is same as ZAGG which isn’t too hard, does require patients and time. Mine fitted without any bubbles on front, but some on back.

Pros – (This Z-Life shield is nearly the same as the ZAGG’s one, no added bulk, fits in dock, protects scratches etc so won’t go into any of that.)
    • In my opinion the back is easier to put on than the ZAGG because the edges have a line which curves into the iPod, instead of having to use a palming technique to wrap around.
    • It does say lifetime guarantee (but handling & shipping cost not included. RM3.50 may be charged. – which can make it a con)
    • And the main thing is it’s cheap.
    Cons
    • Rubbish packaging of the Z-life invisible shield product, so bad I don’t really see the point of it.
    • No freebies, would be nice to include squeegee instead of using a credit card etc
    • Depending on where you live it can take a while to deliver from Malaysia, but for me in the UK it’s nearly timing same as with ZAGG’s shield from USA.
    • It does seem, to not be as strong as the ZAGG shield, and seems to have less grip (but this can be a pro in my opinion because I didn’t like the weird grippy feel of the ZAGG)

In Conclusion I would recommend the Z-Life invisible shield, it is quite hard to install just like the ZAGGs invisible shield. If I was to buy another iPod/iPhone and decide between ZAGGs or Z-Life (with Ceteris paribus assumption) I’d definite pick the Z-life, because its cheaper, I do not think its worth £15 for an screen protector, and screen protectors wont last long anyway.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wouldnt buy a knockoff, period. JUst buy a zagg and they give you a life time warranty. TO get a new one is just like $4 for the shipping.