[Review] YouNote [Review]

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Ryan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    YouNote

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is YouNote: YouNote is an application which allows you to take note of whatever you want in any format.

What makes it unique: YouNote lets the user take down the note either as text, drawing, photo, sound, website, tags, colour and the geolocation. Which to me, is pretty impressive in itself.

YouNote is a free app which for what it offers i believe to be very good value and i could certainly see people, me included, paying for this application as it offers a much better and unique way to store notes and reminders, in many different types of format.

When you open the app you are welcomed by the place where all your notes are stored.

(Heres one i made earlier)

You can then sort them by either name, date and colour.

Adding the notes:

By Text: Pretty easy, tap and type using the keyboard.

By Photo: Chose your image from the camera roll and it will embed it.

By Drawing: Draw your note, like any painting application, you can draw straight lines and also boxes, which is quite handy for when you need to draw... boxes

By Sound: Unfortunatly i dont have an iPhone so this option was disabled for me but i assume it has a voice recording function which would save your voice into a sound file which could then later be played through the application.

By Web: Type the address of the site into the built in webbrowser and it will go to it, you can then save this onto your notes. Good for saving local copies of websites if you need them offline. (Note it just takes a screenshot of the page and saves it, it dosnt offer a functional page offline)

You can also backup and restore your notes with you computer using the YouNote Desktop.

Price: Free

Overview: Great app for note taking, adds many ways of doing it so you will never be stuck for choice in how to take down that important piece of information.

My verdict: Brilliant! A free app that offers all this, its pretty amazing that its free. And overall i would certainly recomend it anyone who alreay uses the build in Notes application as it can do so much more!

My Rating: 5/5, just a very good app generaly, dosnt have that "profesional" feel about it though.

[Sorry if this review feels rushed, as it is, as i have to go now lol]
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wow you can sync your notes!?

I didnt think this app so that great, but Im gonna get it now!!

Thanks!

3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you sold it to me!! lol...
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ooops, knew I shouldn't have rushed it. It dosnt let you sync it just let's you backup and restore your notes. I don't know how though, didn't know you could get access to application data without jailbreak?