[REVIEW] XPlane 9

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by blackjak231, Sep 16, 2008.

1. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hey guys!

I've just bought Xplane 9 for the iPod/iPhone, and all i have to say is WOW!! The graphics are amazing for the iPhone, and it is flawless, no slow animation or anything else! Here is a review going into more details...

I’m hugely impressed with what has been achieved here. Although the graphics are superb and the fluidity is amazing, it’s really the control system that jumps out! Tilting the iPhone/iPod touch and using the accelerometer to control the aircraft is really cool, and it gives the best REALISTIC control experience i've had on my iPod!

Please Register or Log in to view images

As you can see from the screenshot above, you’ve got a choice of 4 aircraft to play with. They’re all beautifully modelled and the detailing is incredible considering the device it’s running on.
    The scenery area provided is the same as for the desktop version of X-Plane. The terrain mesh is fantastic and I’m having tremendous fun flying over mountains, down valleys, and over the clouds...

While flying, you tap the top of the screen to access the menu, where you can change your aircraft view, and access the application settings, where you can alter the time, wind speed/direction, sky conditions, plane type and weight.
    You control the throttle and flaps by sliding/pressing the controls on either side of the display. It all works very intuitively.

Im truly amazed that they were able to put Xplane on the iPhone/iPod touch! The xperience is incredible, and even if your not or just a little bit interested in flight simulators, get it if you can!

In the end, i give it a 9/10. (-1 because unfortunately, it isnt available in other languages than english...)

Prices:
    +$9.99
    +£5.99
    +7.99euros

Link to itunes(US): http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290619945&mt=8

Video: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7CnNY3AK4
    Video was made by "Toucharcade" on youtube. Not by me! Thanks to him!
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Great review. I don't even like Flight Sims, but I am thinking of buying it now.

3. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

I would love to buy that app as a wannabe-pilot LOL but i'm too tight to buy that for £5.99 lol ahh well
  4. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i have to say that at first, when i saw the price i thought it was too much for the preview they show on itunes, but i read most of the previews, and i decided to buy it and take a chance... And in the end, im VERY VERY VERY happy i bought it!
  5. l ajax0539 l

l ajax0539 l New Member

best game ever
  6. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Thanks for this review, i was pondering whether or not to buy it simply because the graphics do look great. I'll give it a shot (that's 4 apps i have to buy now...

).
  7. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    lol, what are the other 3?
  8. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

I've bought this simulator and I was also amazed of this app. The only thing this sim need is more airports and planes.
  9. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Happy with the purchase, as well, with one caveat... The developers admit it's only a demo. And for 10 bucks we deserve more than that. The full game for PC is 40-50 dollars. So this should be a quarter of the full game. I like the fact they even have something like this up and running on the phone, but it's a rip-off. Give us more content.

Again, I enjoy it a lot, but there's not much to it. Give us some objectives: fly this many passengers to such and such place; land safely at three different ports. SOMETHING!

7/10 until we get some meat on these bones they threw us
  10. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I agree on the fact that there should be missions! But since its in real time, it would be very long for the battery of the iPhone or iPod touch.

Hopefully there will be updates!!!