[Review] WordPress

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Mekhami, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Application: Wordpress
    Category: Utilities
    Released: Jul 22, 2008
    Price: Free

Please Register or Log in to view images

Overall: 2/10
    Aesthetic: The Icon is nice and the menus are minimalistic yet professional-looking. Post list is also minimalistic. Title, date, time. Also a good folder for Local Drafts. Pleasing to look at.

Logging In and Blog Setup: Setting your blog up for mobile usage was a breeze, albeit a bit slow. Could use some fixes there.

Usage: A bit buggy, a few crashes here and there. Nothing Major off the bat. Menu's very easy to navigate and posting local drafts is a pleasure. Overall, everything you'd expect from a newly released application. Previews load beautifully. Another crash when I try to take a picture to insert into the app. Got the photo taken on the second time around. Long time to save it though. Another crash when it's done saving.

Utility In General: Doesn't upload your local drafts to the draft on your website, a major flaw in my opinion. NO ABILITY TO VIEW COMMENTS?! That's awful! Please, another version of this needs released immediately before I consider using it.

Bottom Line: Pretty to look at, useful for on-the-go blogging (probably only short posts though), way too buggy and lacking alot of functionality.
  2. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

does this create a page in web app format?
  3. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    no? I don't think so. I don't know how to answer this question...
  4. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

well can you set up your blog to fit the mobile safari size
  5. Mekhami

Mekhami New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    why would you want to?...?
  6. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

make it more ipod touch compatible
  7. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

Install the iWPhone plugin and theme on your WordPress blog. It will use an iPhone and iPod Touch compatible theme when it detects the mobile safari Useragent, and your normal theme for everyone else. Check out my site, www.rickatnight11.com on your iPhone and computer.
  8. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For the record I've been using this app a LOT and it has not crashed once for me.
  9. rickatnight11

rickatnight11 New Member

It's been working wonderfully for me too. Of course I would like to see some better text features like font style/size/color, justification, and bulletting/numbering but Apple's own Mail.app doesn't even have that so this is a wonderful start. The Preview page is definitely a god-send. One bug, however, is that when you post multiple photos at a time, it does it in reverse order.