[REVIEW]Wifi Warfare - iP2G

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by stillercity, Feb 24, 2009.

1. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Wifi warfare is a wifi shooter game created by Jesse Starks that has loads of potential, but needs some work right now.

Gameplay:
    Gameplay is definitely this game's strong point. The best thing about this game is obviously the wifi capabilities. For now, the game only works if you are playing someone in the same network, but Starks promises to update the game for international wifi support fairly soon (see Info for a link to his website). There are 5 weapons, 2 grenades, and a jetpack.

There aren't many weapons and there aren't many grenades, but Starks also promises more to come for that, so I won't dock off too many points for it. The main issue I have had with this game is control. It's pretty difficult to aim, especially under direst. Once you get better, it's easier though.

The last thing to dock off points is the fact that, well, you can't play by yourself. There is no AI game and that really affected the possibility of me buying this game or not. Luckily, I can go down the road and play with my friends, but for those hermits out there, this is not the game for you, unless Starks updates it with a new AI option.
    Rating: 3/5

Graphics/Sounds:
    The graphics in this game are below average, even for an iPhone game. They definitely need to be worked on... the character is minuscule and the guns are rectangles. The backgrounds are repetitive, and, well, uncreative.

The sounds, on the other hand, are surprisingly beautiful. The guns have different realistic sounds. Pressing the hover button makes your guy first jump (and say "UGH") and then pressing it again ignites the beautiful hover sounds. The grenade sounds sort of like a grenade while bouncing and then blowing up. This is probably the best part of the game (other than the wifi part).

Rating: 3/5

The Bottom Line:
    Wifi Warfare is definitely a blast to play with your friends, although the controls take a while to get used to and the graphics make you want to kick a small kitten. I would not suggest buying this game (for $2.99, by the way) if you do not have any friends that have this game, or at least wait until the newest update comes out.

Info:
    Developer: Jesse Starks
    Price: $2.99
    iTunes Link: Click Here
    Developer Link: Click Here

Visit my website for more reviews! (link in signature)
  2. zack43

zack43 New Member

Pretty fun game, but the website for it is pretty bad lol. it takes ages to load and isn't iphone friendly... i'm doing my best to make a site for players to hang out at and stuff, the site is http://wifiwar.co.nr so far it's going pretty good, averaging 10-20 users per day. i don't really advertise it much. check it out, it's got highscores, chat and profile pages.
  3. zspencer7

zspencer7 New Member

The new fansite for WiFi Warfare is http://wifiwar.us

It was created by Zack, please visit it

------------------double post merged------------------
    btw it's wifiwar.us you cant add a www to it!