[Review] Wedict

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Rougelead, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Rougelead

Rougelead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Name: Wedict
    Price: Free
    Developer: Hongtao Guo

Please Register or Log in to view images

Most should remember this little app from the installer. But for those of you that don't here is a quick description.

Wedict: Is a Dictionary that supports all Stardict dictionaries. Umm...I guess that’s it.

Currently it only supports a WorldNet English dictionary, and an English-Chinese dictionary. Hopefully they will add a download feature to add other dictionary.

It’s not really all that different from the installer version, so you’re not going to see any changes. For those of you that did not have installer, it’s simple. Type in your word and it finds it for you.

One of the new features is the auto find. It now finds words based on 2 letters. This is handy when you have no idea how to spell the word.

Final thoughts:

It’s a dictionary. If you need one, get it. If you don't then its ok you’re not missing out.

5/5 for doing what a dictionary does, and for being free!!! 30 bucks for a dictionary!

My next review will be on Top 3 Solitaire. You can find that here
  2. cloud226

cloud226 New Member

good stuff
  3. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

OMG I'm missing out on a Dictionary!!

What I liked about Installers, is that you could download word packs, so you can listen to some guy saying "Orange" over and over

4. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Man this would be soooo awesome if they added more language dictionary (japanese and korean) And allowed for Romanization of the words too. Also character hand-writing recognition.
  5. ipodtouchfanatic

ipodtouchfanatic New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Anyone know how to add dictionaries without SSH-ing into a JB 1.1.4 iPod Touch? Better yet, can someone upload all the word packs off their JB 1.1.4?
  6. annoyed2

annoyed2 New Member

We Dict Language packs.

Yes. I had saved the files for the CCED from my 1.1.4. and was able to install them by ssh-ing into my 2.0 iPodT. However, when I downloaded Japanese-English files for the Star Dict site and installed them, the wouldn't load and in fact crashed the app. Removing them brought it back to life.

Would love to get back the functionality of the WeDict as it was in 1.1.4, so any ideas would also be welcome here, though I suppose updates will eventually come.
  7. ipodtouchfanatic

ipodtouchfanatic New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you mind uploading the files saved from your 1.1.4 JB?