Review [Review] Video Safe

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by TDG, Jul 18, 2009.

1. TDG

TDG Active Member

[MR Team] Video Safe

original.png
    Developer: David Fumberger
    Price: $3.99
    Version Reviewed: 1.3
    Released: 2009-7-17
    Category: Utilities​

The Number 1 app for video and photo privacy. This application allows you to import your videos and photos from your library into it for maximum security of the photos and videos you just don't want your parents to see. This app has many great features that keeps your media safe from intruders.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Upon entering the app for the very first time, you will be prompted to enter a PIN of your choosing. The same screen will show up every other time you enter afterwards, unless you decide to change the lock theme.

As you can see, there are no videos in my library, but the message tells you they have to be uploaded via web browser. The photos however, are easier to import. To import a photo, you would go to the photo tab, and click "Add" which will take you to your photo library. You can select one or multiple images at a time to import, and it only takes a few seconds to do.

Here you can see the options tab which implements all of the wonderful features that keeps your things private. At the very top you can see it allows you to change your PIN, or disable the PIN, which kinda defeats the purpose of it being a "safe". Under that you can see the Wifi access which allows you to start the two options, which are required for uploading a video. Next, you can see our Slideshow options, which allow you to pick how long the slides are present, the transition effect, and the options to repeat and/or shuffle. The slideshow feature is almost exactly like that of your photo album, where you hit the play button on the bottom tab, while viewing your photos. Next are the privacy settings. These are the things that really won me over. The first tab, Snoop Stopper, is a function that stops prying eyes by presenting decoy pictures after a number of failed attempts. It allows you to set the number of failed attempts before presenting the decoys, or it lets you set a fake PIN, in case one of your friends knew your old password.

This is what shows up when the app enters decoy mode. Cleverly, it says "Downloaded Photos" instead of "Hidden Photos" so people don't become suspicious. It comes with pre-set "downloaded" photos which trick the intruder into thinking they got in. This is really the thing that got me to buy it.

The next option in Privacy Settings is Quick Hide. This is a simple yet very helpful little function that allows you to quickly hide a photo or video if someone is approaching you. Double tapping the screen is what triggers this, which brings up another decoy photo in the original photo's place. You can even choose the photo you wish to come up. A picture of your springboard seems most logical to me. The Security Log simply tells you the dates of successful logins, snoop stopper logins, and unsuccessful logins, so you know if someone is messing with your iPod.

~

There are only a few small problems with this app. When using quick hide, you can double tap again to get back to the original photo you were viewing, but sometimes when I do this, the photo is all distorted and not in place, forcing me to exit out and re-enter. Another one is that when I try to do landscape mode with my photos, it won't go back to portrait mode. These are minor problems, which barely interfere with my experiences.

Overall, this is the best app you will get for the privacy of your media, and the price is fair. I've had virtually no problems in my time of using it, and seriously recommend it to anyone who needs some extra privacy.

Reuse Value: 9/10
    Value For Money: 10/10

OVERALL RATING:
    9.3/10

___________________​

Also try Picture Safe! The same great features minus the video importing!

Only $1.99
  2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Video Safe - The pervert's app.

Good review, never knew it existed... Perfect for my needs

3. TDG

TDG Active Member

I haven't even used it for you-know-what yet, I've just been testing it out with photos in my library so I could do this review.

4. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    xD.
    Gotta give this one a try.
    Awesome review!
  5. TDG

TDG Active Member

6. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol....

Nice review! I find this app very handy too

... not that I have anything to hide though

7. TDG

TDG Active Member

8. berky93

berky93 New Member

this is a pretty cool app - I can see potential for use without perverted intentions (surprising, huh?)
  9. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what if ur parents demanded u open it...
    and if u have a lock on pics or vids
    someone would be stupid not to think bad things r on it
  10. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    actually no. if you read the review, it offers a feature for when you type an incorrect password. it leads you to a screen of "innocent" photos