[REVIEW] Vay

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Go Avalanche, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

FEATURES ​
    (Tooken from iTunes)
    - User selectable difficulty makes this title great for both beginners and RPG veterans.
    - Compelling and engrossing story.
    - Nearly 10 minutes of animated cutscenes.
    - Auto-save feature allows you to play in small increments.
    - Over 100 enemies and a dozen challenging bosses.
    - Over 90 expansive areas to explore.
    Video I found on youtube

Overview: Vay is a great RPG game made for the iphone/ iPod Touch. It uses the touch screen for the entire game and as far as i know does not use the accelerometer. Vay is also a sort of clone of Final Fantasy in my mind. If you like action, adventure game you WILL love this game. And if you like RPG's you will never stop playing this game.
    How Much??: Vay is $4.99 in the app-store and as far as i know not yet available for the UK. I'm not sure about other countries. I personally think this is a major steal. I'd buy this game for $9.99 for sure if i new it would be this good.
    Advantages: Amazing use of touch-screen. Very cool RPG game. Great way to pass time. You can find recruits in your quest and weapons, level ups, ect. Extremely fun. Vay also provides the ability to save multiple games instead of just one so your friend could have another save file or you could just want to start all over again while have another file that has beaten the game

Please Register or Log in to view images

Many fun places to explore (you dont stay just in one city the entire game) Great options in battle where theres some kind of "auto-battle" is very cool because you can go do something while your game is playing itself. Great classic RPG music is a great fit for this game.
    Dis-Advantages: Characters look lame. Too easy to get mixed up or lost. Can get a little frustrating. Theres really no confirming. For example when you go to one of the stores and accidently tap an item you will buy it without it saying something like "Are you sure you want to by this?" About 1/4 of the screen is covered up by the player menu "Player name, level, ect) Doesn't tell you how the items or weapons you find do.
    (Click for bigger images)

When your not in battle your exploring the area as you can see here it looks exactly like a good classic RPG game.

As you Can see the characters do look a bit goofy but its really a great game.

After you win a battle you are awarded experience points(which level your player(s) up and money (called gold in this game)
    Overall: 5/5 Couldnt be much better except for the weird looking characters and the explanation of what the items do. i might actually choose this over a final fantasy game if i had the choice.Like some other games, Vay allows you to listen to your music if you choose. (Credit to drakness for this) If you leave the game by accident/recieve a call or something, Vay will pick up right where you left off next time you load it. Gameplay is smooth, no lagg experienced on my end, and I haven't seen anyone say otherwise[/Credit]. Probably the best RPG game for the iphone for a while (until a great RPG game comes out) In my mind the best part of the game is constant movement. Even there is quite a bit dialogue it does not have very much compared to the other RPG's. A lot of neat features really top this app off especially the cut-scenes and story line. I totally recommend this app. Best app i have bought so far.
    GAME FAQ
    Q: Is there any fast transportation?
    A: Not that i know of the only thing right now that i know of is a boat amd a dragon otherwise you walk the entire time.
    Q: Can I name my characters?
    A: Yes you can, go to youre ipod/iphone settings.There you can change the names.(Credit to Skull)
    Q: How many playable characters are there?
    A: There are six playable characters.(Credit to Skull)
    Q: What happens when you die?
    A: I'm actually not sure on this one i haven't died yet but i believe you lose some money and end up in the closest INN (or you may just start from your last save point)
    Q: How can you buy things?
    A: There are shops located in most of the towns.
    Q: Where do i get money from?
    A: Money can be found in many treasure chests that you just find in your journey but they are always found after winning battles.
  2. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This isn't a review, my friend. This is a description.
  3. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

F off no one likes you
  4. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    He actually speaks the truth. No need to flame.

Decent start to a review. Just expand a little more on it.

Edit: and you've expanded. Nice review

5. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

Im trying its just im uploading pictures and im editing it and i have him b*tching at me on every thread i post on im sick of it
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's called constructive criticism, and you need to learn how to handle it.
  7. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

No he does this every thread every time i say something he says a smart ass comment even tho this ones not bad and a understand i wish he'd just please leave me alone.
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Do you really care that much? It's an online forum.
  9. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

No i dont its just stupid but it gets annoying ok?
  10. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The joy of watching little 13 year olds squirm. This should be illegal.

ANYWAYS, stop doing dumb stuff or broaden your vocabulary then I might trust you as a intelligent person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.