[Review] Top 3 Solitare

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Rougelead, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Rougelead

Rougelead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Name: Solitaire Top 3
    Price: $3.99
    Developer: PosiMotion

Please Register or Log in to view images

That’s right! Solitaire! The best game in the world! Yea! Personally I think that solitaire is a great game! I played the installer version all the time!

So you might be thinking, "Well why would I buy this? Ill just wait for the installer version". Why wait? This game is made by the same guy that made the installer version! Now I can’t blame him for charging 4 dollars for this game. Every other solitaire game costs money and they are all worse then this.

It has 3 types of solitaire! Klondike, FreeCell, and Spider Solitaire. I have no idea how to play FreeCell or Spider but the description boasts:

"FreeCell matches the 1,000,000 game numbers available in the Microsoft Version, plus 99,000,000 more game numbers."

I don’t know what that means but for you FreeCell lovers it is good!

Klondike: This is exactly like the installer version of Solitaire. Same game play and same animations. However the graphics are improved, and there is an easier menu. One of the new features I like about this game is the "undo" button. Now I can finally go back and change my cards!

FreeCell: Now as I have said above I have no idea how to play this game. I’m just lost. So as for a review I can’t give it from a game play standpoint. However graphics wise, it’s the same as Klondike. The cards are a bit smaller, but that does not affect the game play. Some may want to zoom in a bit.

Spider:
    Another game I don't fully understand but I know the basics. The cards are very small and hard to see, so it’s not the easiest game to play. In fact I won’t even touch it because they are small. But the game works the same as regular Spider solitaire on Windows.

Final thoughts.

Top 3 Solitaire is just a wonderful game! It has very easy menus, Good simple graphics, and three different types of solitaire. The Menu has greatly improved from the installer version and is easy to access. I would recommend this game ONLY if you enjoy 2 or 3 types of solitaire. I say this because Solitaire is not the most popular of games.

I give this app a 5/5 for being cheaper than the rest and having 3 games instead of 1.

A Quote from further down, and from the creator.

My next review will be on Wedict. You can find that here
  2. Bostwick2518

Bostwick2518 New Member

Nice review, I wasn't sure whether I'd buy this or not, but now I will.

It looks MUCH more sleeker than any of the other Solitaire apps.
  3. bosco999

bosco999 New Member

Thanks for the review, I have been looking to purchase a solitaire game for the last couple of days and none of them really caught my attention and were too expensive. I started looking at Top 3 Solitaire since it showed up on the apple store and the simplicity and the graphics drew me in. Personally I love Freecell it's my favorite game, cant wait to purchase this game and play it on my touch.

4. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nice review !
    ilike solitare i was playing it on my ipod nano 2th generation (as i rembember )
  5. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    eh im not a big card game fan but thanks to ur review i might get it
  6. deadstick

deadstick New Member

Hello,

I'm the developer of Solitaire Top 3 and the developer of the original iSolitaire in the JB community. Thanks for your nice review.

I just wanted to point out a few things. The game table can be zoomed in and out to suit your taste/eyes. If you happen to zoom in enough where the whole game table can not be seen at once, the table will scroll as needed. As you noted for Spider, if you try and view the whole game table at once the cards are rather small. I tend to zoom in a bit and scroll to the last couple of columns on the right so that the cards are more readable.

Regarding the game numbers in FreeCell, an experienced FreeCell player should know what these are. Essentially you can specify a game number and this lays the cards out a specific way. So if you specify the same game number you get the same card layout. The unique feature of Solitaire Top 3 FreeCell is the first 1,000,000 game numbers match the same game numbers in the XP version of FreeCell. So game #11987 in XP will look exactly the same as game #11987 on the iPhone. There are plenty of game solutions on the web if you get stuck, for the XP version game #'s which will work with Solitaire Top 3 as well. You also have 99,000,000 game # combinations in case you want to play other card layouts that XP does not have.

Enjoy!
  7. Rougelead

Rougelead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for your reply. If you don’t mind I would like to quote you to place in the review. Mainly the zooming functions and the FreeCell. I really have no idea how to play but I now have a grasp on how to play.

Thanks again