[Review] Tilt to live

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by jakey103, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jakey103

jakey103 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

The objective of this awesome game is simple. Survive! Enemies pop up in random places and you must dodge them, collecting weapons to destroy them. The more you destroy, the more points you get.

There are three game modes:

Classic: Dodge the enemies and defeat them with weapons
    Code red: A much more difficult mode of classic, with a ridiculous number of enemies.
    Gauntlet: This mode contains no weapons. You must weave through the dot formations, and collect time orbs.

Gameplay

This is where the game really excels. The game play is intensely addictive. As I have mentioned previously, the gameplay consists of surviving as long as possible. You must not touch any enemies (the red dots) and destroy them with weapons, such as ice blast, bombs and tracker missiles.

The other game modes are good for a laugh, but they feel sort of... bland.
    4.5/5

Controls

The controls are simple and easy to pick up and play. You tilt to make your character move, Its as simple as that! The controls are also helped by the fact you can pick your position.

The controls are good, although they can be a little tricky at first.
    4/5

Graphics

The graphics are nothing technically amazing, however they are very polished and do look very nice, with many little effects polishing the overall look of things.
    4/5

Sound

The music is verrrrrrry nice

The soundtrack is very catchy country-type stuff. I love it! Very high quality! However, it can become slightly repetitve

4/5

Replay value

As I said, this game is very addictive! The gameplay is easy to pick up, and you will never get bored. Actually, thats not entirely true, but it will be a long time before you get bored. I play it nearly every day.
    4.5/5

Value for money

I got it free on the freeappaday.com campaign, bu it is now 59p. However, I would gladly pay that much, as it is better than many games of that price, and would easily rival some £1.79 games
    5/5

Summary

All in all, this is a great game, that offers many hours of addictive, polished fun

4.5/5

Attached Files: