[REVIEW] Super Monkey Ball

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by malibusurfer93, Jul 11, 2008.

1. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

I havent seen any reviews of app store apps on here yet so ill start making them. i will review every (hopefully) app i get. this is just so people can read about it and see if they want it if they dont have it yet. so heres my first review. Super Monkey Ball.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Super Monkey Ball was one of the most anticipated apps for the 2.0 app store. When you first start the game it shows off its already amazing graphics.

when you get to the menu you have these choices. ive really only dug into the main game and options. options really has nothing to offer besides volume. theres no calibration or anything. that disappoints me. once you press on main game you get this screen.

this has your 4 basic monkey ball characters. nothin special to it. then you get to the world select menu. you only start with the first world. doesnt surprise me.

then you get the level select. you can only start with easy.

then after all that you get to the actual game.

when it started panning across the course, i was surprised by the graphics. they were actually really nice. very well done for this kind of game. but then came the point when i actually saw my little aiai awaiting departure.

the one thing that you look at most in the game... IS 2D!!!! why?? it has like 6 angles around the monkey and the ball just remains the same. this is one of the only problems i have found with this game. also the controls are a little tough to get used to but they work out nice. another problem i have found with this is that i dont think it can save. i just havent found how to do that. if there is a way please let me know so i can put it in here. but from what i saw theres no way.

so overall, i give Super Monkey Ball a 4.5/5 star rating. its very well put together. it only has a few bugs to work out but im sure they will be fixed in upcoming updates. I do highly recommend this game.
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

i too give it the same rating.

i didnt like it at first, until i got good at it lol. i prefer enigmo better =o
  3. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its no way 2D. I give it 5 for Addictiveness. The only problem is u havbe to beat each section at a time
  4. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    mehe sync this onto my ipod as we speak
  5. element_skater_dude

element_skater_dude New Member

the monkey is 2d
  6. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah it does take time to get used to but I figured out how to save. You have to beat that world in easy/hard mode for it to save no matter how far you actually get in the main game. Then you can just press home at the main screen. I don't know if completing a level in practice mode counts towards the main game because that would be cool.
  7. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

oh yeah. i got to level 10 in world 1 but didnt finish so it didnt save. that was a bummer for me
  8. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ehh i would give it a 3.5/5. This was the game that i upgraded to 2.0 for! When i finally ran it on my ipod today i was disapointed. Sure, the graphics are extremely amazing! But, the controlls suck and there is no callibration wizard. I expected its release to be a bit more professional. The game is fun but hard to get used to.
  9. IPT_FTW

IPT_FTW Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    So am I. Man, I can't wait to try this, and the rest of my apps.
  10. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

yes im hoping that they include calibration in the next update cause normally when i play my ipod is angled at like 45 degrees. monkey ball makes you play at about 5 or 10