[Review] Speck Pixelskin

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mieraisamazing, Apr 23, 2009.

1. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

Here is my review on the Speck Pixelskin!
    I have had this case for quite some time and i personally love it!
    Pics are coming soon!

LOOKS

Speck has definitely delivered when it comes to looks. The pixelskin is unique and different and is not the usual case you would expect. most silicone cases are plain and are one solid color. the pixelskin comes in 7 bright colors with a pixelated, squarish design that goes around the whole entire case. a lot of cases offer the design just on the back, but this case offers a design all around. The case offers extra grip on your iPod and it feels very nice in the hand.

PROTECTION

The pixelskin is a bit bulkier than most silicone, but the extra bulk provides better protection. My iPod has been dropped accidentally on stone steps with the pixelskin on, and my iPod survived. The silicone used is very durable! Try to rip it or stretch it and you will fail! This case will definitely last for quite some time.
    The case is a "lay on the table design." This means it provides a lip around the iPod and the chrome bezel so that you can feel safe when putting your ipod on a table face down. Also, there is extra silicone down near the headphone jack for extra protection so that is nice. If you hit your ipod straight down on a table, your dock connector and headphone jack would be safe
    However, I would have loved to see some way of protection around the dock connector and headphone jack. Read below to see why.

IS IT DIRTY?

A lot of people think that all silicone collect dust/lint. Not true. This silicone catches little to no lint! I have had no problems with lint and dust. The occasional dust that happens to catch is easily wiped off. My green and purple pixelskin are so awesome cause they stay so clean!
    However, the black and white ones, i have trouble with. The black is a lint magnet and can be irritating. The white one on a smaller scale, but still the same problem. When I use the black and white cases and sometimes with my colored cases, I notice dust collecting or getting around my headphone jack and my dock connector. A bit unfortunate, but whatever.

PACKINS

One of the sad things about this case is that it comes with absolutely nothing. For 25 dollars, you get just a piece of rubber. Do not get me wrong! It is great, 25 dollar worthy rubber, but nowadays, companies are offering at least one screen protector with each case. Switcheasy offers everything but the kitchen sink! lol
    Do not let that stop you from buying this

OVERALL

I would give this case a solid 9.5 out of 10.
    Why?
    Because this silicone is really great. Thats all i can say. its great! The only minor flaws, as mentioned above, are the occasional lint and no screen protector, but once you feel this case in your hands, you forget about everything else.

Pros
    • Great Protection
    • Unique Look

Cons
    • Occasional Dust and Lint Catching
    • No packins like a screen protector
    • A bit bulky

Ok this is my first review. Comment and criticize! If you would like to know anything else, post in this thread and i will add as much as I can.
    Like I said, pics coming soon and i will update this as much as i can to get more detailed!

Thanks and enjoy!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I love this case. As you know mieraisamazing
  3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

hahaha i do

Please Register or Log in to view images

and call me miera lol. makes it easier
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Ight hahah a little easier than scrolling up and down to make sure i spelled it right.
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

LMAO hahaha yaa it definitely is.

anything you disagree with or agree with on the review?
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should put it some of the negative stuff about the case, that some people wouldn't like.
    And the score is a bit biased I think, since you have like 5... Lol.

You can't just have all this good stuff about the case. It's not really a review without the bad stuff too.
  7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

haha ya i sorta realized lol. and i included some negatives, like the dust and lint catching and stuff.
    i know that including negatives is mandatory in a review but my mind just went blank.
    im gonna think about this more and edit it up some more.

thanks for the comment!
  8. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol.
    Lemme read it. I just skimmed a bit earlier. But I saw a little negative stuff..
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Go check out some of Kiks' reviews.
    They're much better than a lot of reviews I've seen.
  9. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

cool thanks!
    ya i know the review is a bit ehhh but its my first try lol

thanks again for all the help!
  10. mitchell209

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, it's pretty good for a first time. You just need to learn how to point out all of the faults in it, without being too biased.
    But that's kind of hard when you have 5.. Lol.
    You should have done a case that you don't have, like the Neo/RebelTouch
    Like, the NeoTouch has a ton of extras that come with it, but the silicone can rip very, very easy.
    And the Rebel pushes in the power button after you have it on for a while.