[Review] Spawn Illuminati

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by daconcerror, Jun 1, 2009.

1. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Spawn Illuminati

Ok so I’ve tried out a few of these random colour generators like, acid trip and other ones but this is the one that I’ve found the best so I decided to write a review on it.

What is Spawn Illuminati?

Spawn is an app which randomly generates streaks of colours that are visually pleasing and are fully changeable. You have the options to change the size of the particles, how much they wiggle, the speed, their tail length and a whole lot more. This app can be left just to generate pleasing patterns or you can interact with it, making the particles follow your finger or move away from it. You can also use the devices accelerometer to move the particles around the screen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Size: 0.8 mb
    Developers: Elements of Design
    Cost: £1.19

Review

I don’t really have a bad thing to say about this application, the idea is great the customization is great and the graphics are stunning (It is better in the actual game, the screenshots make it seem too static) And the only bad thing I would say about the application is that while there is a lot to customize and play about with, you realise that some of the options are limited, for example, the size of the particles. The bigger you make them, the more they slow the game down, and while this isn’t too bad, when you have artistic mode on it becomes annoying.

Graphics: 5, the graphics are stunning and the colours are addictive
    Replayability: 5, it is extremely addictive due to the design
    Interaction: 4, it could do with giving the user more control over the particles
    Amusement: 3.5, although you will sit watching it for ages, it becomes repetitive after a while

Attached Files:

2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not bad as a review....

(but not to be rude, but other reviews are more detailed, lol)

but on the other hand, thanks for taking oyur time to write it for us

3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this was one of my earlier reviews (even though i just posted it) i just recently spent like 5 hours writing 11 detailed reviews, i was gonna add more to this one but felt that i needed to post another one ready for when i finish my final review and post 12 of them in one go

ill add more to it when ive done these 12 reviews.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice review. I've had the lite version for a while and I've been thinking of upgrading. Your review has convinced me

Hi ho, it's off to the App Store I go.