[Review] Space Monkey by Ben Kramer

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by bkram1, Jul 19, 2008.

1. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    [Review] Space Monkey by Bkram1

Space Monkey

Please Register or Log in to view images

Genre: Puzzle/Action
    Number of Players: 1
    Price: $5 US, $5.99 AU
    Requirements: Compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch

iTunes Store Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284419048&mt=8

iTunes Description: "Space... The final destination... for Earth's garbage. Earth's Space Agency has recruited one courageous monkey to help the cause. His mission: clean up the entire cosmos. Give Space Monkey a cosmic spin to help grab junk, deflect hazards, and take down the biggest, baddest, space enemies of them all. But be careful - if you spin too much, he will get sick! How hard could it be right? Besides, he works for bananas."

Features:

- Fantastically simple controls - all using the touchscreen!
    - Score big points by spinning, catching, and juggling space junk
    - Explore multiple galaxies - encounter new life in over 55 levels
    - Endless Replay Value - no level ever plays the same way twice

Review: I bought this game knowing nothing about it. Its pretty cool. The way the game works is there is junk that comes from 8 sides of the screen (left, right, top, bottom, top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right). You rotate the monkey by moving your finger is a circular motion so that he can grab the rubbish with either his feet or hands. While you are grabbing the rubbish, you have to dodge the batteries that will lower your health. Sometimes, batteries come from all 8 sides and the only way to not get shocked is by doing a mega spin. You do this by quickly swiping your finger across the screen. Now the batteries will be deflected. Once you collect enough rubbish, you progress to the next level or sector. At about every 5 sectors, there is a boss battle. The tutorial is great and the game is very easy to learn. The game is presented beautifully with awesome but short hand-drawn cut scenes. The graphics are great and there are no slowdowns what-so-ever. It is a great game for traveling as it does not use the accelerometer so you won't get bumped. The music is catchy and you can use your own music too! The only problem is you might get bored of the gameplay because its pretty repetitive. Maybe check out Texas Hold'em for the same price. Here's my review: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79049

Closing Comments: I love this game. It has nice graphics, pretty good sound and great yet simple game play. It's worth the $5 asking price but you may want to check out another game as its quite repetitive.

Gameplay: 90% - Simple but that's great.
    Graphics: 90% - Looks great on the high resolution screen
    Sound: 85%
    - I like the catchy soundtrack and you can use your own!
    Value: 90% - Good price but you might like other games more for the same price
    Lasting Appeal: 75% - Kinda repetitive
    Overall: 80% - A great game.

Thanks for reading, if you guys could point out some free software so that I can use my webcam to record videos, I will record videos for my reviews and give you videos for this one. If there's anything I need to fix or you wanna know something, post a question.

Thanks, Bkram1

2. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i always saw this game as a cheap game but after review im thinking about purchasing it thanks.
  3. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll have a video on youtube up for you in about 20 minutes, its average quality video. Oh well, at least you get a chance at seeing how it works.

Bkram1
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Here's a gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmXvc9yVTVU

Bkram1