[REVIEW] SnapMyLife

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Rougelead, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Rougelead

Rougelead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

SnapMyLife is a Social Networking application. This program uses Google maps, not the Iphone version but the real Google maps, and displays pictures in the form of pins that show where the picture has been taken. However this feature doesn't seem to work and only shows pictures in the Vancouver Seattle region. Instead most of the pictures are under the weird flower icon

Inside this flower icon is a very good main menu. It provides the user with anything they could wish for. From this one page you can check out your account, view other pictures, Change your format, and logout. There is even a help button! (Although it doesn’t help)

Everyone’s pictures: This is where you can view new pictures that people have just taken. Think about it, one moment is just a valley next it is a valley that anyone can enjoy looking at.

Popular tags: Here is a list of the most commonly used tags to describe pictures.

Featured pictures: This section is full of pictures that are well, just featured.

Top Users:
    Here you can find the people who have posted the most pictures. The current top user is an Indian woman from “Tamilnadu villupram kandampakkam” and I’m not making that up. However here pictures are beautifully landscapes check her out anytime!

Once you click on a picture you have several options, you can add photos to your favorites, share the picture (by email), and you can comment on the photo.

If you click on the little earth icon

, at the bottom far left, you can post your own pictures as well. Name it, describe it, and tag it that’s it! Then just wait a bit and your picture is up for the world to see!

The only problem that I had with this app was the lack of instructions . The app has a hard to understand GUI that takes some experimenting. All but two of the buttons are easy to figure out, however the rest I still am lost at what they do. So to help you figure out how to use the app I have provided instructions.

I give this application 4 out of 5! A must get for anyone who likes to share pictures to the entire world!
  2. hockeynut0103

hockeynut0103 New Member

WoW thats a cool app
  3. Rougelead

Rougelead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes i think that as well
  4. misingnoglic

misingnoglic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. EvanTDM

EvanTDM New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmmm wonder what else people are "snapping" . im sorry but i had to say it its inevitable some person is gonna take a pic of something "unsuitable" for children... =/