[Review] Sketches

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by dualcorex, Jul 15, 2008.

1. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Since many of you know what sketches is i am not going to talk about its basic functions. When you first open up the application you are welcomed with the home screen

Corkboard
    The home screen saves all of you sketches and shows a preview of them on a tack board. If you want to delete one of your sketches you just tap the edit button and an 'x' will appear in the corner of your sketch. Just tap it to delete it. If you want to make a new sketch just tap the '+' button. If you want to edit one of you sketches you just tap on the thumbnail of your sketch and you are brought to the editing section for your sketch.

Sketching
    The sketching is exactly the same as the jailbrake sketch application. There is the undo button, the color/size button, the shape tool, a background tool, and an export button. You can export your sketches to your photo album or to Twitter. There are a few extra goodies which were not released to the jailbreak community.

Zooming
    A nifty little feature that is included is an option to zoom. Now the zooming is fixed to a certain magnification but it makes writing small words a lot easier. To zoom just clock in the button in the right hand corner. A little box will appear with the rest of the image shaded out. Move the box around to where you want to write and let go. Voila.

Shapes
    In the older version of Sketches you were able to make basic shapes such as a line or a square. In this version you can add clip art-like images into your sketch. The catagories are:geometric, fun, sports, gadgets, holidays, and party.

Clicking on a category will bring you to six clip art like images. To apply them you just put both fingers on the screen and act like you are zooming in, in safari. The image will get larger the more you 'zoom in'.

Backrounds
    In the backgrounds option you have a few choices. You can take a picture(iphone only) and use that as the background. You can Select a picture from your album. You can select a just a color. Other backgrounds from the library which include: sketch, leather,graph,yellow note, white note, and blueprint. You can also use google maps as the background. It will find your location and you can use that image to edit.

There is also an About Page for sketches.

The application costs $5.99. I would say it is the most polished application the the app store. If you used sketches in your jailbroken ipod touch/iphone, then 6 bucks is worth it.

Thanks for reading
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nice review...I might get it becuse of this =)
  3. ARUS

ARUS New Member

how many shapes are included?
  4. sleinad

sleinad New Member

thank you, good review.
  5. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just wanted to let you know that the so called "home screen" is not the correct term. It's called a "corkboard". check here for proof: http://sketchesapp.com

oh, and you made a spelling error in the zooming paragraph. Quote: "To zoom just clock in the button" It should be click.

Great guide by the way

6. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

thanks. updated
  7. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^^ i edited above post there's a spelling error
  8. applesnail

applesnail New Member

Very nice review - you might have swayed me into buying this app - been wondering about it

9. SteveJob

SteveJob New Member

10. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Its a pretty well made app. Its not really my type of app though. I barely use it, same with the jailbroken one too. But my friend goes crazy when I let him use it.