[Review] Sims 3

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by jhloa2, Jun 2, 2009.

1. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sims 3 Review

Price: $9.99 USD
    Download: Here

Menu System

Please Register or Log in to view images

Overview:
    When you first start up the game there is a short loading screen, which leads to a Main Menu. From the main menu you can start the game, change the options or view more games. From the main menu you can choose to create a new character, or continue your game.

Thoughts:
    Simple yet effective.

Create A Sim

Overview:
    In create a Sim mode you have several options; Gender, Skin Color, Eye color, Hair Style and color, Shirt, Pants, and shoes. After you have messed around with how your sim will look, you then choose your overall personality. You can be a Jack-of-all-trades, Nice Guy/Girl, Jerk, Sleaze, Power Seeker or Maniac. Next you choose 5 traits for you sim, there are quite a few options but not as many as in the desktop version. After that you name your sim and start your game!

Thoughts:
    The “create a sim” is nice looking and effective. I was kind of disappointed because you can’t rotate your sim and there are not very many hair and clothing options. It’s cool how you choose your sim’s personality and traits – really adds to the game later.

Tutorials

Overview:
    Once you start the game up the first thing that happens is that it asks you if you want to play the tutorial. From there it teaches you how to move and rotate the camera, zoom in, move around, queue actions, and satisfy needs. It also teaches you about Goals, relationships and the menu. Sometimes when you try something new, a window will pop up asking you if you want to learn how to do whatever you are trying to do.

Thoughts:
    The tutorial is short and to the point, it makes you try everything so that you actually know how to do stuff. It is a really good idea to do it when you first start.

Gameplay

Overview: You start out in a small house with the necessary items (fridge, shower, bed, TV ect). You can interact with most objects and the reactions are fairly realistic. There is no build mode

, but you can upgrade your house later in the game. The graphics and animation are really good considering that you’re playing on an iPod. To leave your house go to the street and press on a gold icon. The game then asks you if you want to go to town.

After a loading screen you will be zoomed out and your person will be blue and won’t walk properly, but you can navigate around the city and visit houses or stores. From here you can get a job, buy groceries or visit friends. on occasion random things will happen to you. Once I was at work and all of a sudden it said that I had choked on a pretzel during a meeting! It then took me to a picture of a tombstone.

Thoughts:
    I like how this game is sort of like the desktop version, but everything takes less time. For instance when you go to sleep, instead of having to watch them sleep the screen goes black and it shows you waking up.

Interacting with people

Overview:
    Interacting with people in the iPod version is very much the same as the desktop version (except that there aren’t quite as many options). You touch the person you want to interact with and a few categories appear. You can then choose more detailed things to do from there.

Thoughts:
    Pretty simple really, the reactions are pretty good and its really fun to piss people off!

Overall I would give this game an 8/10. (that is a recommendation to buy this game)

For a youtube version of this click here

Thanks for reading and please leave comments!

Attached Files:

2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow, a review on Sims 3 already! That's awesome

P.S. How much is this application?
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Diggin this review.

Keep it up.

Wish I knew how much it cost though

4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    oh man i would love this game but i can't find it in the app store for the life of me! i link and the price would be awesome. *wink* *wink*

great review otherwise!!
  5. DeAzncy

DeAzncy New Member

^^^$9.99. Got his game yesterday. IT IS AWESOME!!!
  6. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think it's $9.99.

Very detailed review. :3
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's decent, but not my favorite.
    I personally like Zenonia more. I've only played Sims 3 for a few minutes so far. I gotta beat Zenonia first.
  8. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh yeah! I totally forgot.
  9. pspraider

pspraider New Member

Zenonia all the way!
  10. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)