[Review] SevenSwords

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Xtreme Touch, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    [Review] SevenSwords

Warning: This game is currently for US iPhone users only.

Info

Name: SevenSwords

Price: Free

Size: 6.3 MB

Developer: Asobimo, inc.

Itunes link: Here

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is SevenSwords?

SevenSwords is the first player vs player Massive Multiplayer online role playing game for the iPhone. This game is very similar to games such as "Runescape" and "World of Warcraft" for the PC but doesn't have near as much detail as those two games have. Also, this game is missing a very important part of these time of games. A leveling system. Hopefully the developers will bring out such a system to make this game a little bit more competitive.

Gameplay

Basically, this game lets you fight with up to 10 people world wide. Movement is a small pad at the bottom left that lets you move forward and back and swiping across the screen similar to Brothers in arms lets you move left and right. It has a fighting system similar to World of Warcraft where you tap the spell in the spells bar in order to perform the particular spell. The first time you play this game, you will have a choice between Male and Female Gladiator, Male and Female Scout, and Male and Female Sorcerer's.

Visuals

The graphics in this game are quite nice and the animations of when you cast a spell are great. The only thing that is letting me down personally is the look of the player running. To me it looks a little bit awkward. Once again i hope they can improve this in a future update.

Audio

To me the general music and the sounds suit the "Medieval fantasy" time period quite nicely. The sounds of the weapons and the sounds of when you cast a spell too are quite nice. There is not much more i can say about it.

My note to readers

If you are in the US and have an iPhone, try it. My my thoughts of this game are a little bit on the lower end of things. I dont know why i didn't like it that much. Maybe it is because it is lacking some features a real MMO needs. But if you do have a US iPhone. Try it. You may think differently about it.

My overall rating

Gameplay - 3.5/5
    Visuals - 4
    Audio - 4.5
    Overall fun - 3.5

Rating - 4

I think it could do with some added features like a leveling system which would make this game a lot more fun to play. I congratulate the developers for being the first to attempt a game like this so hopefully more game developers will make similar type of games.

Attached Files:

2. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This looks pretty good. Best thing is that it's free. I'll definitely give it a try later.
  3. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The game looks great and so does your review. I think the review could be extended a bit and I managed to spot an error at the "My note to readers" section. Other than that, I think everything else should be fine. Kind of tempted me to buy the game but sadly I don't live in the US.

4. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Make a US account and bypass it. Your smart, youll figure it out. Im not allowed to share because of legal reasons.
  5. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wait. How did you get this game on an iPod Touch?!
  6. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I highly doubt it would work even if i did download with a US account. I would have to connect to their servers and they might have an ip block. Even if there isn't, it would probably be really laggy seeing as i live so far from the US.
  7. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea, the loading screens are pretty slow.