[Review] Real Soccer 09

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Kid A, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Kid A

Kid A Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Intro

As many of you probably know, us Europeans are crazy about Soccer. We build our lives around it. What's better than watching your team come out of the dug-out, munching on a meat pie, swinging your scarf and belting out your team's anthem with the other 30 odd thousand fans? For iPhone/Touch users, there was always a lack of Football games on the App Store. Real Soccer 09 has healed the pain.

Getting ready for the big kick-off!

Gameplay

I hear you all asking- How would you play this? Simple. It's a familiar control system if you've played other Gameloft games such as Assassins Creed, BIA, Terminator, with a few small changes. Instead of an analogue stick, there's simply direction buttons to move. A is to shoot/tackle, B to Cross/pass. Couldn't get much easier, but it will need a bit of time to get use to. Also, for taking throw-ins you get to tilt your iPhone! FUN! The rules are the same as Soccer, hit a ball into the back of the net, cant go into much more detail can I

. Worried about it being made up players? FEAR NOT! They have got a FIFPRO license which means pretty much every team & player names are in tact (some notable exceptions include Czech, Germany, Holland & US). Replays are included to re-capture that glorious goal or analyse that embarrassing sitter! Also, play friends over Wi-Fi! Although it can get a bit easy and ref's are VERY red card happy.

What a goal!

Graphics

To be honest, I'm not that big on graphic details, but I know that this has fantastic graphics for the iPhone. The pitch looks great and (most) players look great.

UI
    UI is very slick looking and is easy to control. Could be a better background That's about it really

Longevity
    You certainly wont be giving this game up in a couple of months! There are 6 20 team leagues (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German & National) so that's 38 per season 38x6= 228 games their ALONE. Not forgetting of course the 6 cups (international, European Club, European Nation, Asian, American & African) which takes up the total to around 250 competition games, not forgetting Exhibation mode, Penalties, Training and of course playing friends over Wi-Fi. Not knowing anyone else with a working Touch, I've yet to try Wi-Fi

Overall Thoughts

For £2.99 you cant really go wrong with this app. Around 250 competitive games + different game modes, including Wi-Fi multiplayer. The FIFPRO license is another nice touch. It has a few cons, like the red card happy referee, not being able to save tactics & the fact it's too easy once used too. But the pro's certainly outweigh the cons!

RATINGS;

Gameplay- 9/10
    Graphics- 9/10
    UI- 8/10
    Longevity- 10/10
    OVERALL- 9/10

My first ever app review!

Please rate/hate

Attached Files:

2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    It's pretty good. There's a few errors with code:

and there seems to be duplication too?

Also you could maybe fill it out a little more. You've written shed loads for the gameplay but one line for graphics. More opinions of your own is always good too - Get people arguing in the thread

But overall it's good and I agree it's a good app
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    brilliant review..

imo it beats mine at actually reviewing

but really good, although loads of bad mistakes, and HTML errors.
  4. Kid A

Kid A Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

RE HTML errors: I have no idea what went wrong, i c/p'd link from Photobucket, will retry

Thanks for sound advice dudes

5. irish_rebel9988

irish_rebel9988 Banned

i wanna get a football game this one or x2 football​