[REVIEW]- QuitIt!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by negamaki, Aug 3, 2009.

1. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Name: QuitIt!
    Version: 1.0.0
    Price: $2.99
    Developer: 2n Productions
    Size: 5.4 MB

What is it?!
    QuitIt!, by 2n Productions, is the latest and greatest in stress relieving fun. Featuring the wonderful and cute Lumpy, the blue bob from Zgrunturos (I've actually went there before and it's quite nice), you can poke your troubles away!

Gameplay
    Think Interactive Buddy, minus the explosives. The gameplay couldn't be more simple. You choose a poker then poke Lumpy with it. Lumpy will show his gratitude by regurgitating coins and anything else he's eaten.

Pokers- the weapon of choice in this bizarre app. There are several pokers to choose from. Each poker has its own unique sound effect and look to it. From a monkey holding a banana, to the Statue of Liberty holding her torch, there's a poker here for everyone. Poking Lumpy is like playing a slots machine. Every once in a while, you'll hit the jackpot and he'll throw up large amounts of coins at one time.

Store- the wonderful place where you spend all the money Lumpy throws up. I gotta hand it to Lumpy for being able to withstand such abuse without breaking a sweat. In the store you can spend your beloved coins on either pokers or gifts.

Gifts- the funniest thing since Dora Aquapets. When you're tired of the many pokers (which is impossible), you can always adorn Lumpy with gifts to brighten his day.... NOT. Each gift, while sounding wonderful, is actually complete trickery. How's that delicious, juicy steak Lumpy? Sorry, it's just ferret roadkill! How's that brand-new-state-of-the-art air conditioner Lumpy? Sorry, it's just a fan and some melting ice! Kudos to 2n Productions for having such a great sense of humor and twisting each gift into something that you wouldn't expect.

Tough luck Lumpy. You should have gotten the iPhone instead.​

Calender- make sure to mark that date! There's even a little calender that lets you set reminders for events and anything else you want to make note of.

Visuals
    The graphics are cartoony and suit the app perfectly. The room that you poke Lumpy in changes from day to day, so that it never gets dull. One thing that never changes, however, is the picture of Lumpy's mom smoking in the background (ya know, to remind him of home!). It seems human ideas such as wigs and wearing an absurd amount of makeup have made their way to planet Zgrunturos

One of the funniest things about QuitIt! is Lumpy himself. This quirky blob of blue has some fantastic animations. As you hover the poker over him (which is controlled by moving your finger in the direction you want the poker to go), he will shiver and bulge his eyes out at you. Once you give him a gift, he will appear happy and filled with joy. That is.. until you open it and Lumpy fills with tears and sadness. It may seem cruel, but it's for our enjoyment as well as satisfaction.

It's okay Lumpy, the Chinese food wasn't that good anyways.

Music
    The music is funky fresh and sounds like it was taken from one of those gameshows where anything and everything could happen.

Suggestions
    While it may be fun to torture a blob all day, I would like to see some way to make Lumpy happy. Maybe make him so happy that he cries coins, rather than throwing them up. Also, it would be cool to see animated pokers such as a tazer that causes shocks all over Lumpy then leaves smoke trails. I would also like to see each poker have more pokes. When you purchase a poker, it only has a set amount of pokes before it disappears. Thus, I would either like to see each poker have more pokes, or offer the same version of the poker but with unlimited pokes (for more coins of course). I'm sure all of these ideas have already been brought to 2n Production's attention, and knowing them, we can expect these ideas to be released in the upcoming updates.

The Good and the Bad
    Pros
    - The cartoony graphics
    - The funky fresh music
    - Store to buy new items
    - Lumpy himself

Cons
    - A little lackluster on the replay value

Conclusion
    Is it worth it? Heck yes! For only $3, QuitIt! is easily worth a buy. Even though $3 may seem like more than you're usually used to spending (thanks to all the $1 apps saturating the AppStore...), you're not only doing yourself a favor by purchasing a hilarious and well-made app, but you're also supporting these indie devs and encouraging them to update the app more frequently. While there may not be the most replay value in its current state, QuitIt! has tons of potential and a bright future ahead of it.

Out of 5 stars, I would rate QuitIt! a solid 4.5. Everything about it is great, but it lacks some replayability value once you've tried out all the pokers/ gifts (though using QuitIt! as a stress reliever never gets old...).

Buy it now: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=323406864&mt=8

Attached Files:

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A polished review of a rather insane app... cross Pocket God with a Tamagotchi and a few tequilas and this is what comes out

Great job!
  3. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thank you!

You just made my morning, hehe. I forgot what a pain it is to upload and rotate screenshots.. So, I got lazy and used photobucket to upload them. On another note, I couldn't agree more about the Pocket God reference. I've talked to 2n Productions before, and they want to take a similar approach - with having a benevolent side as well as frequent updates. The next update already has a couple new animated pokers planned out! People and 2n may not realize it now, but we very much could be looking at the next PG - popularity wise too! 2n Productions have already molded the framework of a great character, Lumpy, therefore it's interesting to see what approach they'll take.

I'll keep the review and thread updated with any news I hear.

4. t3horeo

t3horeo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    looks like an interesting game and i would definently rather play this than pocket god but why is there a calendar? i find that so misplaced