[Review] Qublitz

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Goldglover411, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Goldglover411

Goldglover411 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

Qublitz

Qublitz is a $.99 game from Bobblehead Monkey Software that has been on the appstore since February 4th, but has not received the attention it deserves.

Gameplay:

The gameplay of Qublitz is simple. You tilt the device to arrange colored blocks in patters on each of the 4 walls of the iphone. The game starts off simple with only a few blocks to start off, but gets pregressively harder as the game goes on. There was just an update recently that added online high scores, so you are able to compete with people across the world for the best score.

phortrsj.jpg

The rules of the game are simple. Match three of the same colored blocks together to score points. You can increase your score by adding to the multiplier. All you have to do is get 5 or more of the same colored blocks on that same colors wall. Blocks will spawn in the middle, and the clallenging part in the harder levels is that all the blocks will move at the same time, so you might have 3 blocks of all different colors moving around. A block will stick to any edge or any other block, no matter what color. Scoring a set of blocks in its zone will earn 10x the points. The game ends when a block is stuck in the spawn point, not allowing a new block to spawn.

photo.jpg

overall the gameplay is very addicting and it is very good to just pick up and play. I find myself going back to this game again and again and it is a great game that utilizes the iphones accelerometer.

Gameplay 10/10

Sound

The sound is the one downside to this game. There is not music, just a ticking sound of the blocks moving, and a squishing sound when they are set into place. This can get fairly annoying and there is no way to turn it off. I tend to play this game with the sound off. Also a bug of this game is that if you start a game then try to start your own music the app crashs.

Sound 5/10

Controls

like i said before, the accelerometer controls this game. The accelerometer is spot on and the blocks are not hard to move around quickly. The only issue is that the developer left out the option to calibrate so you can only play it in 1 position. This is not that big of a deal because this isnt a game you can lie down and play. other than that one detail the developer missed the controls are spot on

Controls 9/10

Does it work

Qublitz has been tested for O.S. 3.0 but it only requires O.S. 2.2.1 or later.

Is it Worth it

At $.99 Qublitz is well worth the money. this app is wonderfully addictive and you will find that you will go back every once and awhile to try and beat your high score. It is a great pick up and play game, and it only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to play a complete game (depending on how good you are).

Overall

Overall i give this app an 8/10 because of its replayability and addictiveness. The only reason that rating isnt higher is because the app sound gets annoying and it doesnt allow you to listen to your own music. For $.99 this app is an undiscovered gem in the huge mine that is the app store.

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304493093&mt=8
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

MR Team? Hmmm...

Nice review, maybe a few more screenshots.
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You're not part of the MR team....
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You are supposed to say [Review]

because you aren't a member reviewer with an orange name
  5. Goldglover411

Goldglover411 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i made a mistake i need the name to be changed to [REVIEW] QUBLITZ
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    How do you make that mistake?
  7. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

It's a very common mistake...
  8. Goldglover411

Goldglover411 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok i changed the name and added a couple more screenshots of the rules and high scores......just click on them for a larger shot unfortunatly they came out small
  9. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    since he's just new and probably saw reviews with [MRTEAM] on it and got good reception from other users...
  10. Goldglover411

Goldglover411 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no feedback on my review?