[REVIEW] Putt Putt Touch by AUTIGERS1101

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by AUTIGERS1101, Jul 13, 2008.

1. AUTIGERS1101

AUTIGERS1101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284939601&mt=8

Heres another Putt Putt Touch review with a few different things I found.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Putt Putt Touch
    iTunes Link
    Size: 2.5 MB

What is Putt Putt Touch?
    It is a pretty cool mini-golf game where you use your fingers to putt the ball around the course.

FEATURES:
    I really like the "Select Hole" feature, where you can practice on a hole instead of going through a whole game to get to the hole. It also has a high score, which is standard. Also, if you are doing bad on a hole, even in game mode, you can restart. I thought that was cool but it might skew the scores a bit if you restart your hole each time you do bad.

GAMEPLAY:
    The gameplay is overall pretty good. It is normally very smooth but there were a few bugs that I would like to address. Sometimes when trying to putt the golf ball, the ball is too close to the side of the screen. This doesn't allow you to pull back fully and shoot the ball as hard as possible. Another thing I didn't like was not being able to see the ball when it is in front of an object. The last bug I found was pretty major. On hole #6, if you hit the ball when the bridge is not in the right place, your ball gets stuck under the middle of the bridge, making you restart the level.

Screenshot 1 - ball is hidden behind the clown (not stuck)
    Screenshot 2 - ball is stuck under the bridge
    Screenshot 3 - options when you pause the game during a hole

PRICE:
    The price of this app is $3.99, a fairly good price for this app. I would like to see it around $3 since it only has 18 holes. Hopefully there will be an upgrade in the future for more.

OVERALL:
    I would rank this game a 4/5. It is a really fun game that passes the time away, but there are a few bug fixes that need to be worked out in an update. I would also like to see maybe 9 more holes in the future, but I know that might not be possible. If you are constantly needing something to help pass time, grab this app!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284939601&mt=8
  2. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    very good review! i just bought it because of you! :]
  3. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks for this review... im gonna buy this now!!
  4. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

does anybody like this game i may buy it