[Review] Premium TPU Flexi Soft Gel Skin for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Indestructible, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Indestructible

Indestructible Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Many of you will be (or have already bought) an iPod touch 4g. As we all know, one of the iPod signature trademarks is the easy to scratch, stainless steel, aluminum back. Hence, many have been incline to also purchase a case (to avoid scratching their new toy).

Well if you are, here is a case you might like to consider.

Case Name:
    • Premium TPU Flexi Soft Gel Skin for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation, 4th Gen - Smoke Checkers Argyle Print

Please Register or Log in to view images

Style:
    • Online, this case appears to be cheap and lacks the luster of a magnificent case. However, I must say, that the pictures in this review and online does not due justice to this product. In fact, this is one of the must stylish cases I have ever owned.

***Edit***
    • A downside to this case it that the dock connector area has extra exposed metal. This means that the bottom can easily attract those scratches.

8/10

Protection:
    • One of the major complaints/issues about a case is the protection. However, the snug feel this case offers provide a level of strong build and confidence that your iPod is well protected. This case will surely make you feel that the iPod is indestructible with the gel-like material this cases is made with.
    8/10

Buttons positioning:
    • This is unfortunately one of this case weak spot. It feels as though this case was produced without the actual acquisition of an iPod touch 4g. The power and volume button are not exactly aligned with the iPod. However, the accessibility of these buttons are manageable once you get the hang of it.

4/10

Price:
    • Currently Amazon.com has this case listed for $8.66 with free 2 day shipping (for Amazon Prime members) and Super Saver shipping for regular members. This therefore means that the case will come out at $8.66 if free shipping is selected. Compared to the numerous cases and the quality of this case, I must say that this is a steal!!!

10/10

Overall:
    • While this case has its advantages, it also has its pitfalls. However, in spite of its pitfalls, I highly recommend this case due to its quality, style, and price.

8/10

****Special thanks to Whcodered, for the photos above.****

Attached Files:

2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. cnhardwick

cnhardwick New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have this same basic case, only in solid black and I agree with everything you have to say. I haven't had too much trouble with the buttons though. What trouble I have had was more Apple's fault than the case. (i.e. switching the standby button to the other side, more recessed buttons than previous models.) Oh, and that case looks great. I skeptical about how the checked pattern would look, but I really like it!
  4. Indestructible

Indestructible Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yep. Apple made some design ... on this one.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'd suggest going back and adding some foundation to it (i.e. bullets, bold, etc. Go check out the app review section for some ideas.)

Also, you can place the pictures in the review itself. Just right click the picture and open it in a new page, and then you can grab the URL and post it just like any other picture. Centered is always best.

If you do those things, it may be frontpageable. If you don't want to, then that's perfectly fine as well!
  6. Indestructible

Indestructible Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ***Updated the review. Hope everyone likes it.
  7. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is easily the best case review I have ever seen and read. Good work. Also, nice job implementing the pictures.
  8. Indestructible

Indestructible Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank you for the high regards.
  9. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Am I the only one that thinks that the plaid design looks really ugly?
    Good review BTW though
  10. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I personally like it. I prefer black and gray plaid though.

The black + gray one is really neat and fresh looking.