[Review] Pocket God

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by The_OneDa, Aug 6, 2009.

1. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Pocket God

Please Register or Log in to view images

Category: Entertainment
    Company: Bolt Creative
    Version: 1.21 (iPhone OS 3.0 Tested)
    Rating: 9+
    Price: $0.99

Pocket God is an entertainment app that allows you to take control of a small society (consisting of four characters that look alike but have different names) where you play the role of "GOD".

Gameplay:
    Pocket God gives you the freedom to do what ever you want, when you want, and how you want. Depending on what kind of person you are you'll treat the little fellas like your kids. By allowing them to fish, take bathroom breaks, dance and many other interesting things. But if your a cruel and evil person you'll throw them into a volcano with a flick of your finger, pick them up and let them hover over the water while a huge shark comes and eats them alive or let there little blaters explode while waiting for someone to come out of the restroom, lucky for you, you can revive them by just tapping the "+" button. You can also control the weather and what time of day it would be.

Pocket God also allows you to play in two different islands.

Graphics & Audio:
    Pocket God has a very simple yet relaxing sound to it. It fits the app perfectly. The graphics are very nice to look at and are very smooth, I've never experienced Pocket God lag of crash when I was playing it.

Final Thoughts:
    Pocket God is a great entertainment app to have on your iPod Touch or iPhone. It's simple yet imaginative style of playing allows the user to actually feel like there in control of what happens on that small little island. There are no restrictions to the game, the only one is your imagination and with over 20 chapters you'll find yourself with lots to do.

Rating:
    Gameplay: 10 out of 10 (there are no complaints here, if you get bored it's because you have no imagination)
    Audio 9 out of 10 (Pocket God sounds great but a little more rhythm would of been better)
    Graphics: 9 out of 10 (Pocket God has great graphics but a it needs a little tweak here and there)
    Overall: 9 out of 10 (it's a great app to have in your apps list, for only $0.99 it's a great deal)

Review brought to you by iSnooz

Attached Files:

2. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i'll give you an A for effort on this review, but the app is just too big. you missed most of the features, and in 2 weeks this will be way outdated.
  3. TDG

TDG Active Member

Not to mention the picture layout. Describing pictures helps a bunch in reviews, instead of just laying them out constantly.
  4. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Thanks for the tips.
  5. TDG

TDG Active Member

No problem. And like Shaded Light said, try not top review games with weekly updates, because the reviews will get outdated. Lengthen the review a bit more too. You seem to have potential.
  6. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Thanks

7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good effort. Add a thumbnail too if you can.
  8. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think this game is over rated, I find I rather pointless and boring.
  9. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i enjoy this game when im bored...
  10. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    People who want to have fun don't like boring games, people who are bored like boring games, so a pointless and boring game is fun when you are pointless and boring, QED! fun = pointless + boring