[REVIEW] Pocket God

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by negamaki, Jan 31, 2009.

1. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hello my fellow iPTF friends, here is a quick review for the application Pocket God by Bolt Creative at a cheap price of just $0.99- by yours truly, negamaki.

Please Register or Log in to view images

GAMEPLAY
    The gameplay for Pocket God is quite simple.. You are the supreme ruler of a mini island of quirky pygmies which can be spawned by pressing the + sign at the top left corner of the screen (at the moment you can have a maximum of 6 pygmies on your island at once). In this sandbox style game you can control the little pygmies' lives by interacting with them. You can pick them up with your finger and fling them around however you please. Sadly though, now matter how high you toss them from there is no impact other than them getting dizzy as they collide with the ground. In the most recent update (supposedly Bolt Creative said they would regularly release new features about once a week for a few weeks/ the next update will be the ability to use lightning) you can cause earthquakes by shaking your iPod. Another cool feature that was recently implemented is the ability to use the accelerometer to control the gravity. For example, if you tilt your iPod upside down the pygmies cling upside down onto the island for dear life. If you swipe your finger up from the bottom of the screen, you can smack your pygmy into oblivion (or even into the volcano if you aim it right) which I find endlessly amusing.

GRAPHICS
    This game has very good and cartoonish style graphics. The visuals are pleasing and the cute and random pygmy faces add to the overall humor of the game.

MUSIC
    The music and sound effects are very appealing- from the tiki jungle music to the splash of the water as a pygmy is flailing helplessly because he can't swim (which sounds cruel but is quite funny).

FINAL THOUGHTS
    Overall, Pocket God is a very fun and enjoyable game that will keep you occupied for quite a while. Even though there isn't many features and options as of yet, the game is constantly being updated with new things to experiment with. For a dollar it's a very reasonable price considering the high quality of the game. If you're into sandbox games where you can do basically whatever you want, then this is definitely the game for you.

SCORE
    4/5

Buy it here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301387274&mt=8

Attached Files:

2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am still debating if I should buy it since I already bought some manys games I don't play
  3. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I highly recommend getting it but I can see where you're coming from. You could wait a bit before getting it because it is still a new game and there's many updates for it in the future. It's entirely your call though.

4. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I got it, its pretty cool, could be better, its funny at first, but needs more stuff.

Also when you typed:

Pocket God by Bolt Creative at a cheap price of just $0.99- by yours truly, negamaki.

It sounds like you said you made it, did you? or were you referring to your review.
  5. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hah, I wish I could make apps. I was referring to my review.

6. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You should include how they have an update coming for earthquakes.
  7. roboticos

roboticos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im going to wait until you can do MORE things to the islanders.
  8. negamaki

negamaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Lol, yup I included about how shaking the iPod causes earthquakes. I also mentioned how the next update will have lightning- which hopefully will be out next week

9. CryoSniper

CryoSniper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just got this. It's fun for about 10 seconds, then you're left wondering what to do next. You can shake for an earthquake, turn your iPod upside down and watch the islanders fall into the sky, or heave them at a volcano. After that, there isn't much to do. And once you've seen the little volcano animation, you've seen all there is to see. I wouldn't recommend. It could be entertaining for a young child, but it might get boring even for them. Hopefully these updates they'll be coming up with add more.
  10. iDakota

iDakota Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Something funny on this app is when you put it all the way upside down as soon as you spawn some, before they grip to the island. Make it upside down, then tilt it to the side, and if you do it right they hover.