[Review] Pioneer SE-M290

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by deepblue, Jun 16, 2009.

1. deepblue

deepblue New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi!

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is a review on the Pioneer SE-M290 headphones.
    I bought these for DJing purposes, but I can only use them at home.

Sound Quality:
    When I plugged the headphones into my iPod Touch 1G, the sound was very quiet, even in the maximum volume. The iPod doesn't have enough power to drive these headphones. So I thought... what a sh*tty pair of headphones. I was wrong

I plugged them into my external Soundcard, and tweaked the equalizer a bit, and they sound very good!

Great bass, not too muddy. The mids are defined, but the highs are a little lower on volume, but still defined.
    As my purpose was DJing with these headphones, i plugged them into my mixer. The sound was also very good, and the mixer has way too many power to drive them, the volume needs to be almost 1/4

They also have a little "Bass Duct".

Isolation/Comfort:
    The headphones are closed-ear type, and they have a pretty good isolation... I was live for like three hours in a gig, and my head didn't hurt, as they are confortable.

Unfortunately, as I'm a Dj, I need more isolation than these headphones can offer... In a live gig, i have to turn the mixer headphone volume to almost max to hear a little bit... :confused_face:

Overall:
    These headphones just cost me 30€, I think they are pretty good for the price, sound quality is very good, but it's better to use them at home only

Thanks