[REVIEW] PDO Flipp Leather Case for iPod touch 2G

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by -tcq42-, Jan 15, 2009.

1. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    PDO Flipp Leather Case for the iPod touch 2G

Previously, I owned a NeoTouch. I liked the case a lot, but one thing was really bothering me: the lack of frontal protection. I bring my iPod touch with me almost everywhere, and since I'm really paranoid of my iPod being stolen, I always keep it in my pocket. The problem is, pockets are dirty, filled with lint. Whenever you put your iPod in your pocket, the front screen gets smudgy and dirty. In addition, you're afraid your screen is going to get destroyed if you bump into the corner of a table.

Therefore, I decided to ditch one of the best cases out there for a really retro case: a leather flip case.

At $29.99 (I got it for 27 bucks on Amazon though), the case is fairly expensive for a leather case. But rest assured, it is actually leather. I'm really not a leather enthusiast so I really don't know how great the quality is. But I do know one thing, it is leather. The inside is lined with a nice material that will protect your iPod from scratching. Good stuff.

Now we have that out of the way, here's what's good and bad about the case.

The case also comes with a screen protector, which is absolute crap unless you put it on with a liquid. You'll definitely get air bubbles if you do it dry.

Ratings
    Appearance: 8.5/10 - Looks very stylish. No belt clip, yay! But very bulky compared to other 2G cases.
    Protection: 9.5/10 - The front is covered nicely and this thing should be able to sustain a big fall. However, some of the chrome bezel is exposed on the bottom and the sides.
    Price: 7/10 - $30 is a lot for a leather case

Overall: 8.5/10 - I'm pretty satisfied. This definitely the best leather case I've had (I've had two before).

Pictures

Please Register or Log in to view images

The flap can make the iPod stand up when folded back at the right angle.

As you can see, the leather covers the bezel and a little bit of the screen.

Access to dock and headphone ports.

Cutout for volume controls on the sides.

Front

Back, with no belt clips!

Me playing Tap Tap (it's paused right now though).

That's how fat the case is.
  2. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Nice review. I have a case very similar and half the price called the Tuchi flip case. It's also made of leather (a lot cheaper quality, but hey, who can tell?) and looks almost exactly like yours. Personally, I think mine is worth the price (10 bucks with free shipping), but yours is of higher quality which is good as well.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Great review! I have this case for my 1G but it's pretty universal - works on both.
  4. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

I have this case and I love it. I just wish there was a hole for the volume buttons instead of just an indent.

Great review, I love the many pics.
  5. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I actually like the indent, it feels better than the actual thing. I just wish they had a cutout for the sleep button, although you can turn it on by just pressing the top a bit.
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I like the indent because it allows me to use this case with my 1G.