[Review] Ouch!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by TheTechZone, Aug 15, 2009.

1. TheTechZone

TheTechZone New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

OUCH!

Welcome to the 'Ouch!' review. Let's begin the review.

What's it about?

Well,'Ouch!' is actually a Ragdoll-Physics game. Unlike other Ragdoll-Physics games, this happens to be an entertaining and fun Ragdoll-Physics game with many courses,character customization and course editor. Your mission is to cause as much damage as possible to the character you play it in each level. The damage is counted according the damage taken on each body part.

How do you play?

You have something called a 'nudge'. A 'nudge' is a push you can do to the player. Just flick your on the direction you want him to go to (MAKE SURE IT HIT'S HIM!) and he will get pushed to that direction. You can hit him slightly or hard. But note that each level has a particular ammount of nudges so use it when you need to. Another way to control you character is by tilting the iPod sideways so that he also moves sideways either on the floor or in the air. Now note that each level has a time limit.

There are many objects in this game that are static or interactive. For example, in this picture, there's a rocket. That's an interactive object. Each inter. object has a red button for it to do something. A rocket just shoots off....There are also normal objects such as the boxes on the picture.Since they got hit by another rocket, the boxes are falling on him causing alot of damage for a good score. On the top-right are the 'nudges' you can do. This is a level i made wit the level editor. It's a tower of stacked boxes with three rockets on the side.

Here's the level editor. You can add many kinds of 'props' and add walls. But note that there is a limit when using the level editor. The good thing is that there is plenty of space in the level editor. So probably you can do high jumps, stunts and more. Try making the place a torture house just to get a high score, or create a stunt place just for fun.

Here's the character customization. You can do a lot of things here. You change the size of his body,head,arms and legs. Then you can customize his clothes just as the T-shirt and trouser. Next you can customize his hat's such as putting helmets,horns and other stuff. Finally, you can change his face. Maybe to an old man or anything else. You can even put your own face in it.

Finally,here's the replay viewer. You can view any levels you have done before and saved it. What i like about the replays is that you can see it in slow motion which look's really cool. When you double tap the screen, you can move the camera around, zoom in or out. But when you double tap again, the camera will just follow the player. To use it in slow motion, just slowly move the wheel at the near bottom

Finally, here's a screen shot of the set's of levels you can choose from. Starter levels are just easy and basic levels. Elaborate levels are a bit more harder but still fun. Nudge tests are the hardest. You see, there are red walls, which must not be touch otherwise the game is over. So here you must do nudges to him to maybe reach somewhere or survive for some time. Tilt tests is where you tilt yor iPod for him to reach somewhere side from him. Pushing levels are levels where you will need to act with interactive objects such as Cars,Cannons,Rockets etc. Community Levels are levels created by the creators of the game. Finally, your own levels created by you.

Is it addictive?
    The addictive thing i found in the game is the level editor because you can create your levels in many ways. It kept me busy for about 3 hours but after a few minutes like 30-45 minutes later i felt like playing again. What's really useful is that when i'm really stressed out, i pretty much play this game so i could think of this to happen to someone.

Finally,is it worth buying for?
    Well the game does have interesting features and does keep me busy for a long time. So for $2.99, it think it's probably worth it.

Price - $2.99
    Score- 4/5
    Developer - Hondune games​

Attached Files:

2. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good review mate. Maybe include an iTunes link to the game, and rate it out of 10 for more accuracy? Also, what do you think of the graphics/sound/replayability etc.? Rate them too, then work out an average for a good final score.
  3. zl7man

zl7man New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i love this game, there is this one level that i downloaded where i got 1b+ score if i remember =)
  4. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    How would you compare it to Max Injury?
  5. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ouch is better i think
  6. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Honestly, this is one of the better formatted reviews i have seen out there lately.