[Review] Orions: Legend of Wizards

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by chameleon2424, Dec 28, 2008.

1. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Orions: Legend of Wizards

Please Register or Log in to view images

About: Orions is a trading card game, minus all the advanced rules and things that usually push people away from playing them. It's very easy to learn and extremely easy to get addicted to even if you don't normally play trading card games.

Gameplay: The gameplay is very simple to learn as there aren't a ton of rules or card issues like other trading card games. Also, the game isn't just about the cards you use, but how you get them. Each time you win a battle, you win that piece of land. The land could be any of the 6 elements. Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, Life, or Death. You need to pay to put buildings on the land which then open up new better cards for you to buy. You can also build crystal towers to make you money to buy the buildings and cards.

Also, you don't have a set deck, and you lose cards after each battle, so it's very important to have a lot of crystal makers so you can replenish your cards. I'm not sure how the game decides which cards you lose though. 8/10

Graphics: The artwork in Orions is beautiful. Especially the pictures for the cards and the loading screens. Gorgeous. The map is a bit boring though with not much to it. 9/10

Music:
    The music in the game is pretty basic and boring. It sets the tone for the areas that you're in, but not very great. 4/10

Other:
    There are five or six save files on the game, so you can play as different elements as your main one. Each time you start a new game the map changes so that it isn't the same as before.

Final:
    I think Orions did a great job making a trading card game fun for people who don't usually like them. They made it simple to learn and play and the battles never take long at all. If you have any questions about the game just ask me and I'll be glad to answer them for you. ^_^

Closing: Orions is a great game, and well worth $4.99.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The graphics are really good on this game. That's the first thing I notice.

Well written review - great job.
  3. buckycat

buckycat New Member

Cool. Might get it.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    By the way, I'll likely front page this with another review soon.

I'm just waiting for the other user to add screenshots of that game to his review like you have on this one.
  5. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Thank you, although my review definitely doesn't do the game justice. I've been playing this more than rolando and sim city combined.
  6. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Looks cool. Everytime I tell myself this is the last game I'm buying for my iPod, I find more that appeal to me.

I still haven't finished Vay and Rolando yet, so maybe I'll wait.
  7. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

That's exactly what I do, I tell myself no more and then I always end up buying another one. haha
  8. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Is there PvP in this game?
  9. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Sadly no there isn't. It's just you against the computers. But you can make them easy, medium, or hard.
  10. Aramyth

Aramyth New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Damn, some pvp would make this game perfect.