Review Of the White CapsuleTouch with Pictures!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by delmarco, Jan 11, 2008.

1. delmarco

delmarco New Member

Hello,
    Today we will take a quick look at the CapsuleTouch Case in the white color for the iPod Touch device.

(This forum reduces images and makes them a little fuzzy, so click on pictures to make them bigger and clear)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was very excited that my CapsuleTouch took 2 days to arrive from when I ordered it. My Ipod Touch was even more happy!

Overall, packaging was neat and secure. everything was intact on mine. Other folks that ordered from overseas complained about finding cracked cases. I ordered local and was happier for it.

I was very anxious to get rid of my sticky rubber condom of a Belkin case. Those things are horrible for picking up dust and lint and tend to be sticky when squeezing it in your jeans or jacket pocket.
  2. delmarco

delmarco New Member

Moving on...
    The unveiling!

I was very happy to see that the capuletouch packaging was very eco-friendly and rather easy to open. Most consumer electronic packages are buried beneath layers of bulletproof plastics that usually takes a few chainsaws to get them open (If you ever bought a SanDisk Memory card then you know what I mean).

nice...

It looks a little big the first time you see it, but you get used to it.
  3. delmarco

delmarco New Member

CapsuleTouch's Switch Easy Makers are not stingy with items...
    and I soon realised that I didn't need to use about 90% of the little trinkets that came with
    the case.

Everything is well hidden in the case.

back protectors with dust cloth

2 fancy screen guards for my scratch-proof iPod Touch screen...didn't even use these. Whats the point when I can run keys across my bare screen and not see a mark. Screen protectors tend to pick up scratches, prints and extra dust so I never use them unless necessary.

Instruction manual/booklet. Really cute and in dept on telling you how to protect your device with the capsuletouch.

continued....
  4. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

thats a cool looking case, but i still prefer the invisible shield
  5. delmarco

delmarco New Member

Whats in this box? I thought I would be an iTunes gift card! Thinking "Music is Love" was a hint.

More trinkets...a stand, a cradle adapter,an extension plug and charge hole cover. I only used the hole cover and put the rest back in the box. I still wish it was a gift card!

Getting it on...

I already had a back shield on my iPod Touch. Nothing fancy, just a cut out of a shield I bought a long time ago for my Compaq/HP IPaq.

It was a little bit of a squeeze...and I noticed the case will potentially leave marks on a bare IPod Touch's shiny back during the proceess of squeezing it on even if you are careful. So be extra careful and use a shield on the back before you put it in the case!

Also, the Touch fits really snug against the front case when you first slip it in. Which is good, but I which it had a velvety inner layer or rubberized inner layer to protect the Touch better (Like the Seidio iPhone cases). Here its basically hard plastic through out which can be bad for obvious reasons.
  6. delmarco

delmarco New Member

Its on!

I love the white frame! There is a lot of the Touch that isn't covered up in the front and I love the aesthetics of it! The Touch is a beautiful device and should be visible to the world!

The back is clean as well, even though the hard plastic is a little bit slippery and I wished there was rubber grip strips along the side. But you can easily add stickers or apply a DIY modification of sticker-grippers.

Even though the capsuletouch adds some heft to the iPod Touch it is still fairly slim!

All around good! And still fits in my pockets.
  7. delmarco

delmarco New Member

The ports are all well covered and you can use the extender plug if your headphones of choice don't fit thru the case into the iPod Touch's hole.

Moving on...

WiFi comes thru 100% clear! Which was a nagging problem with some of my previous cheaper hard-shell and soft-rubber cases.

8. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you ever dropped your iPod, it would smash.

That plastic is wrapped around the sides, leaving no room. So that plastic is just going to work as a magnifer of the vibrations. Sending twice as much shock to the iPod.

I only purchased a Silicon Case because i felt the iPod was too slippery as it was, so this doesnt seem to help, even though it does look darn fine.

9. delmarco

delmarco New Member

Performance...

I watched the season 1 of Everest: Beyond The Limit and my Touch felt sturdy and comfy in my hands. The white bezel of the case adds a nice classy touch and keeps the tradition of the "Great White MP3 Player aka Apple iPod" alive.

Oh I also don't do the stand thing. It looks so weird when I see other folks doing it in my campus library or at the coffee house. I rather hold it.

I use the Sony in ear Fontopias MDR-EX51 and they fit thru the CapsuleTouch Case okay!

Over all I'm very impressed with this case. Here is a final summary:

PROS:
    >Sleek, Simple, Clean and looks way cooler than any other current case for the iPod Touch.
    >Secure clasp locks in place an will definitely withstand a hard fall onto concrete. Charge hole cover is cool and add extra security against dust and liquids.
    > Tons of useful accessories for the person who like to play dress up with their iPod Touch. Many ways to decorate it with the screen protectors.
    >Case fits tight and snug an will not let dust or liquids seep in (and by liquids I mean splashes and rain drops not submerged under the pool)
    >WiFi works clear!
    >Overall, good quality case on par with SEIDIO products. Worth the money.

CONS:
    >During putting the case on, there is potential that it will scratch the back.
    >Would have been nicer to have a velvet or soft rubber lining for extra protection against shock.
    >Hard Plastic is secure and tough-and will not break in a hard surface fall, but due to it also being extra slippery it can easily slide away and fall if you are not careful. Also the case, because of the 100% hard plastic shell, doesn't seem like it would protect against the shock tremors of a hard surface fall.
    >At $23.00 to $35.00 case may be pricey for some considering that is 10% of what you may pay for your iPod Touch device.

Definately Recommended!
    bought mine on eBay for $26 plus $4 to ship.
  10. delmarco

delmarco New Member

I definitely don't think this case would smash from a fall onto a concrete sidewalk from an average height of 3 to 6 feet.

But I do agree that because the case is hard plastic through-out your iPod Touch would feel the shock from the fall. Which can also be just as bad as having no case. I mention this as a CON of this case. I think a velvet or rubber lining would prevent this.

Also note that the case is extremely snug against the touch and the addition of such a lining by the makers of this case would add a lot more bulk to the case.

As it is, the CapsuleTouch still offers decent protection from everyday general use. If you do construction work or similar then get one of those Otter box cases.