[REVIEW] Nintaii

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Akiyama Mio, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price: 99 cents - $2.99 after next update

Version: 1.07

Developer:​

What is Nintaii?

Nintaii is a puzzle game full of brain-twisting puzzles consisting of rolling blocks and switches. With over 100 levels, be ready to roll your way through them all! Just like any other amazing puzzle game, Nintaii has a simple concept, yet is attractive and challenging. If you're like me, you'll get hooked onto it in a matter of seconds.

The japanese word "nintai" means patience, perseverance, or endurance.

Gameplay/Controls

The objective of Nintaii is to roll your rectangular block through each stage. At the end of the level, you must deposit the rectangle through a small square hole. This is much more challenging then it sounds. If you're not in the correct position, you won't be able to make it through the hole. Sometimes you need to completely repeat a level. If you're not up for a challenge, try your best not to throw your iPod against the wall.

Controls are very simple. Push your finger in the direction you wish to go. You'll flip as you move up/down/right/left. Tilt controls are optional, in which you will tilt your device to move. You can use two fingers to swipe across a level and preview it.

Through out the game you'll come across things such as switches, roadblocks, and arrows. Switches allow you to have roadblocks pushed up or down. The roadblocks block your path, and you need to press the switch to get rid of them. Arrows push you forward, which helps get the correct position to get through the little black hole.

Here's a quick animation for some help understanding:

.gif messed up the quality a bit, sorry.

Graphics

The graphics are perfect for a game like this. They have the nice little 3D edge onto them. Everything looks very clean and very sharp. They're not ngmoco games graphics, but they're nice. Your block gives off a shadow, as does the roadblocks when they're sticking out. Further updates are to bring even more graphics. More backgrounds and various graphic updates are due, according to Concrete Software.

Screenshots

Future Releases:

Other information

Audio: The music and sound effects in this game are very good. The music is non-distracting, and consists of little "bums" and such. The sound effects are perfectly synced with the graphics. For example, when your block tumbles over, as soon as it hits the ground you here a click. Nice work with that one, Concrete.

Menu: The menu consists of:
    1. Play : Plays the game. Continues where you left off.
    2. Settings : Opens up a menu which has settings such as Background themes, tilt controls, sound effects, etc.
    3. Select Level : Let's you choose any level between 1-100, whether you've beat it or not.
    4. Instuctions : Gives instructions for things such as controls, overview, etc.
    5. About : Tells you the version, who created the music, created by Concrete Software in partnership with mobigloo.

Game Features:
      100 unique levels.
      Use touch and drag or tilt controls.
      Use two fingers to preview screen, one to move.
      Special music and sound effects.
      Hall of Fame.
      Customized themes.
      In game tutorial.
      Level select feature lets you play any level.

Ratings

....Gameplay and Controls - 9/10 - Great controls, gameplay is just as good.

....Graphics - 7/10 - Very nice and sharp graphics for such a game, nothing to complain about.

....Audio - 5/10 - Not very interesting, but not distracting. Very repetitive, yet good for type of game.

....Replay Value - 8/10 - If you manage to beat all 100 levels, there isn't much replay value.
    ....But as more and more content comes out, it'll be worth it.

....Overall - 6.9 - It's a very nice game for it's money,
    ....but I'd buy it as a time waster or something that I want to entertain me for a couple hours/days.

Hope you enjoy my first review ~

Attached Files:

2. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Good review :3

Don't think I'll get the game though, I no likey puzzles.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It looks quite nice. Reminds me of Edge.

OT: You're a Mac too?

4. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

I expected you didn't like puzzles..I dunno why. :3

Tes: I'm both.

5. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Looks like Bloxor, with some extra stuffs
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Excellent review - don't apologise in them though. Just do your best and have confidence in your reviewing. I'm also not one for frustrating puzzle games - I just don't have the patience and fear I would end up breaking something...