[Review] Neo Touch by Thecooldude

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by thecooldude, Apr 28, 2009.

1. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Introduction:

Hello everybody I know its been a long time sorry I wasnt here to do the review I have lately have been having a lot of school work lately and here is my review.

Terms:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Shipping:

I ordered the case on amazon.com and I ordered with 2 day expedited shipping. The shipping was actually really lousy because it arrived in around I think was it 3-4 days? Anyways I don't really have a review for the shipping by switcheasy, you can't blame them for the 3-4 day shipping.

Shipping Grade N/A

Price:

The price isnt bad at all its one (I think) of the most detailed cases around, by its 3 piece set of the H frame, I frame, and *paper* thin silicon cases.
    So the case is $30, its well worth the price. For example a case at an apple retailer store is like $20 (WOAH!) that only comes with a little silicon piece that wont even protect your ipod as the neo touch. The neo touch also comes with some goodies that are usually sold separate. I will tell you about the goodies later, I don't want to spoil it.

Price Grade 9/10

Looks:

This case looks awesome! Its just looks so like futuristic with the H and I frames design. Especially with the H frame because its clear and it like is glossy but still having the matte look finish from the silicon. I doesn't even look like an ipod its so unique. I can't describe it that well. The case feels really hand fit but the H frame is really slick so it can slide a little bit in your hand. Its backed up though by the I frames matte finish as many people say. It feels like flour but much harder. It adds like no bulk either.

Another cool feature of its looks is when you are in the dark and your screen is on like 70% brightness or more (Mine is 100%) the back glows around the ridge of the H frame on the back. Its freakin sweet! As I said very futuristic.

Looks Grade 9/10

Protection:

Well I'm not really going to actually through this case on the floor to tell you frankly. I am going to tell you what I know from feeling the case in my hand. Though time will tell with this one guys as I'll be doing a review after a month or so about the protection. Because I amazingly haven't dropped the case yet. The protection of what I think it is is great because it has so many layers from the silicon (thin) to the H frame. I think it could be dropped from like 15 feet high onto hard concrete before anything of the case or the ipod breaks. Again I will let you guys know when the case does get put to action.

The downsides about the protectiveness is that the case is sorta slippery it can fall out of you hand more than a regular silicon case so thus I have graded it a little lower than I would have.

Protection Grade (So far) 8.5/10

Goodies:

Goodies! As I was talking about earlier, are one of switcheasy's top priorities. They include: "Everything but the kitchen sink" says switcheasy. It comes with 2 screen protectors. Which is a big deal because some cases dont come with them at all or they only come with one. 1 microfiber squeegee, which works ok. It sometimes gets the job done for easy messes but for the big methods I would use my method which I posted a few months ago (Link: Here). 1 3.5 mm headphone adapter. Which is used because some earphones wont fit into the cases small hole of a headphone jack (Which actually shows how little is exposed and how well this case protects), thankfully the regular apple earphones fit in which everybody is probably using. 1 video stand so the ipod can stand on its side (landscape) to watch movies or video (ex: Youtube). 1 dock adapter to use the ipod touch smoothly and fluently with the case. And if you compare the dock adapter to the one came from apple the difference isn't that much showing how little the bulk is put on. And finally last but not least, is a USB plugin that allows you to put a white tab inside the USB port of the ipod touch/iphone, protecting you from dust and other liquids. It is worth the $30 dollars and the kitchen sink.

Goodies Grade 10/10

Note: Seriously guys if you think that is bias, then your crazy, they give you sooo much stuff.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

• The case comes with a lot of goodies
    • Its very protective
    • Its quite beautiful
    • It adds very little bulk
    • Good price
    • Has some cool special features

Cons:

• The case can slip
    • Thin silicon can rip
    • Hard assembling
    • Silicon gets bunched up

Note: Thats really all I can think of right now if you have any more than post and I'll put them in.

Overall:

The case is the best ipod touch case ever. Literally, period. Thats all I have to say.

Overall Grade = 9/10

Photo Gallery:

Click the link for gallery via imageshack Here.
    Notice:
    • The photos are in HD as promised (3000 x 2000 pixels!)
    • I updated the review to make it non bias
    • Please look at the photo gallery section and see all the other photos I took (Click on each one to go to the overview of the photo, then click on the photo in the overview to see a full resolution version of the photo)!
    Thats my review please reply if you like!

2. wardlaw

wardlaw New Member

Thanks! for the nice review!
  3. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks

Thanks
  4. spooke

spooke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good review, I also got this case from Amazon, Came in 1 day of ordering.. So was really fast

and shipping was free.. Its a nice case except my back has got some wierd marks

5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The only problem I have with mine is that the logo on the back is raised, so I can't set it down securely anymore.
  6. thecooldude

thecooldude Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont care it spins like a beast!
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But he does. And having it stick out would be annoying for some people. I don't really mind it though...

And I didn't see much of the negative parts of the NeoTouch...
    The silicone is a b*tch to not mess up or stretch out a bit when putting on the frames.
    It can sag a little bit, if you're not careful.

And the white frame can get dirty pretty easy.

Your scores for them are a bit high too..
    The only grade that I agree with is the protection grade. The others are a bit high. And the overall grade should be at an 8 or 9.
  8. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well very nice review (love the HD pics!) but tell us how it turns out in a couple weeks. Like does it get dirty, break?
  9. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey was the rubber silicone a bit saggy? It didn't fit snugly on my Touch 2G. It was little too big, so it got annoying to put it in...
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, the black one sags more than the white one.
    My brother's white silicone was a bit thicker than my black one.