[REVIEW] MyMemoryMad by Jaja & Co

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by blubill, Apr 16, 2009.

1. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I recently received a promo code for a copy of MyMemoryMad by Jaja & Co and decided it would be nice to write up a review for it. Please understand that all of the opinions and feelings towards this game are solely mine.

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is it?

This game is like your old simon game from when you were a kid on steroids. There are five different colored boxes and basically you watch the pattern and try to repeat it to complete the level. So on Level 1 you have to repeat 1 selection and on up all the way to level 10 where you have to get 10 in order to complete the level and I believe win the game. There is also a time limit which increases by a second with every new level. Along with that, every colored box has it's own tone, which helps if you have a good ear.

Is it a challenging game?

This game is really easy. I mean seriously, this really shouldn't be any challenge at all right? You only have to complete 10 levels to beat the game!

WRONG

If you feel this way when you start the game, you will promptly be placed back into reality as this game owns you into submission. My thoughts were similar to the ones stated above before I actually played the game. Quickly you realize this game is not as easy as you originally imagined. You really can't understand what I am talking about without playing it on your own. How about if I say it like this: Nobody has beaten this game yet.

I actually am proud of the fact that I can occasionally make it to level 8! Don't believe me....read 'em and weap.

What are the other features?

From the main screen you have the option of going to Play, Hall of Fame, Settings and the information screen (italic letter i). The play option is self explanatory, delivering you straight into the game. The Hall of Fame option is REALLY cool as it is a real Hall of Fame, meaning if you beat level 10 YOUR name will be listed here for all the world to see!

Another option is Settings, which is where you go to rename yourself in case you do make it to the Hall of Fame. How else would everyone know who to salute as the king of this game? The final option is the Information screen which includes the sections About, How to play, and Hall of Fame. This is just a nice bunch of information thrown into the game that basically gives you a rundown of the game within itself.

How much does it cost?

This game is on sale right now for the introductory price of 99 cents. I would imagine the price will be raised soon and would still be worth it in my opinion.

Final Comments

This game is REALLY fun and REALLY even more so addicting. It's so addicting that I meant to write this review last night but every time I thought about it I started to play the game instead! I would highly recomend this game to anyone. It's a game anyone can play anytime. It's quick, fun and very challenging. I would bet that if you made a perfect run through this game it would take you 3 minutes to complete it at the most. I'm not perfect by any means but it sure is fun to attempt to be.
  2. krnguy712

krnguy712 New Member

nice!

nice reviews!!!
  3. blubill

blubill Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks
  4. jajaco

jajaco New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the great review!

blubill, i have sent you a private message.