[REVIEW] MotoRacer

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Tman47, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Company: Freeverse, Inc.
    Post Date: July 6, 2008
    Version: 1.0
    Rating: 9+

okay well i didnt see this game reviewed yet so i will take the honor in doing so!

New to the appstore i had about $30 left in my itunes account, i bought aqua forest, monkey ball and this.

MotoRacer is a very fun game, i'm not very far in it yet, but as i see i think there could be a few more levels, theres three characters to choose from, and 10 levels.

in this game its basically a toll booth like race (like need for speed if your familiar with that)

everytime you pass through a checkpoint you gain about 30 seconds to your time, and you go through a different amount of checkpoints until you reach the finish.

there is some kind of story line i think with some weird guys with masks like holding a cat im not really sure what that means tho lol.

graphics i think are pretty good and it runs nice and fast.

the interface however i have some complaints about, steering obviously with the accelerometer, and theres a button you hold that says "gas" in the bottom left to go, however when you are near another vehicle it gives you an option to hit the person, the button is on the top left, and for whatever reason the game doesnt recognize the multitouch technology i mean come on guys lol. so to hit someone you need to take your thumb off the gas and press hit before the other vehicle moves away, kinda takes some skill.

as far as steering i think its a little too sensitive but not terrible once you get the hang of it.

also theres no pause option during gameplay which makes it very difficult on the iphone where texts make you exit the game and then you must start over, that is my biggest complaint with this game.

i do recommend this game, id say 3.5/5, meaning yeah get it but only if you have money to spare and have already bought the better apps like crash nitro.

if i forget anything, tell me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: sorry for it being sideways lol i took the screen shots with the built in app on 2.0 and just brought them right from my email

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Nice review.

Added to sticky

3. nikeair

nikeair New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Nice review. I bought this one too. I enjoy it but I still am going to buy some of the other racing games.

4. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

This is a nice review make more. Keep them up and running.
  5. AngusCL

AngusCL New Member

I can't see any screenshot about this game

Would you fix it? Thx a lot
  6. bhwak4ever

bhwak4ever New Member

Goooooooooood Woooooooooork

good work
  7. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice review! Personally I think the game sucks compared to other games, but people have divided opinions.
  8. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I side with you on this. I'm so glad I never bought it when it was $9.99. It just seems like an unfinished game.